Sunday, May 13, 2007

best baby ever!

Didn't my baby (with some help from Oma) pick out the best present?? It's the one farthest to the right. I love these Willow Trees! My friend gave me the first one when I was pregnant, then my mom and sister gave me the next two for my last birthday. I especially like the one where their heads are touching 'cause punkin always did that. And then I got the last one today! The super-cute bowl is from my dad. Good job, huh? Brought it to me with flowers after the little guy was born. (And he brought a floppy puppy dog for baby. So cute!)

It's been a good day, but a little stressful because we weren't home much. The little guy is getting worse and worse at dealing with being away from home. So by the time we went to church and Sunday School, ate lunch at a family-owned place, and took a very late nap, he did not want to leave again to go back to Oma and Opa's to hang out with a bunch of our friends. He actually looked at the room full of people, shouted "no!" and buried his head in my shoulder. Now he is happily chilling out with Woody and the rest of the Toy Story gang before bedtime. He keeps grinning at them like they're in on some joke. Sometimes I just wish I knew what he was thinking!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't blame him one bit for being crabby about not being home. I get crabby when I can't be home for a while....who wants to go to a party on Sunday night, anyway? Fridays are for partying...Sundays are for TV and ice cream!

Zora said...

I am enjoying this so much, I might have to start one this summer or before school is done. It seems like a nice place to tell stories. Don't for get about the "poop shirt."

Linda said...

I love the Willow Trees, too! I sent one to my friend Suzanne (whose blog you read and that's how I got HERE!) and I got a pretty wall plaque from someone when I was getting my hysterectomy. I now own two of them. I have purchased WAY more of them, but I keep giving them away!!!