Sunday, May 27, 2007

hooray hooray hooray!

Jennie found a site that sells Ducky!!!! I am buying two. Next time he barfs on it in the middle of the night or I leave it at school, I will have a back-up. My big question (and everyone else's) is whether or not he will notice. The back-ups will be much brighter and better smelling for sure.
AND she found me a free vacumn! I'm just going to send her some moola for shipping, and she is going to find a box. AND there is another something on its way. Best day ever!
Little man took a nap from 3pm-6pm, so we are on our bazillionth viewing of Toy Story (after Nemo). I should not let him watch all this TV.... but we did go on like four walks to do laundry and blew bubbles and ate popsicles. So it's not like we spent the ENTIRE day on the couch.

3 comments:

SB said...

cool that you found Ducky....
You mentioned a free vaccuum. Do you have Freecycle in your area? I use it here in Northern Virgnia, the Universe's most over-priced place and I have gotten some AWESOME stuff for FREE. So look on Yahoo Groups and find a Freecycle close to you.

Linda said...

We spent 2 years looking for "carter" and "bam" (daughter and son, respectively), and when it came time, neither noticed. But then again, neither has Fragile-X, which, thanks to the above SB (my best buddy ever, I think), I know that FX'ers often have textile/tactile (which is it???) issues...so your little guy MIGHT notice it...BUT...if you give it a wash or two and sneak it in one night, he may not know. My son now knows he has two "Bams" and is quite happy to let one go into the wash - "old ba need a bath, I get new ba now"....

Jennie said...

Awww, New Ba is an acceptable substitute for Old Ba! I used to use FreeCycle too, but people started asking more than giving, and I got fed up when one lady asked for a hot tub for her husband's knee problem.