Thursday, May 10, 2007

I always think, "I'm not sure I have anything to blog today."

And then I am rushed, quite rudely, back to Holland.




Exhibit A: The Offensive String. I know, you probably can't see it. But it's there. Trust me. I was sitting nicely on the couch enjoying a soda when a horrified "eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh" whined from the bedroom.
"What?"
"Ehhhhhh. Off!"
"What off?"
"Ehhhhh. Off! Off!"
"Wha-oh, the string? String off?"
"Ya."
"Weirdo."
He better be asleep and all those strings better be hiding because Grey's is starting in about 10 minutes.
Holland is always a fun trip, though. Plenty of laughs, that's for sure.
p.s. The grungy looks-like-it-used-to-be-yellow thing in the corner is Ducky, punkin's BFF.

5 comments:

SB said...

I know what that feels like. I have a string on MY blanket that drives me nuts. I taped Grey's so I can watch it in peace and quiet tomorrow. thank God for Sat TV and I can zip through commercials!!

Jennie said...

What the hell is Holland?

Emily said...

I know someone who used to be bothered by little things like that when she was little....sometimes it's just not OK for your world to be filled with dangerous strings!

the other lion said...

Read the collumn on the left-hand side. It basically is a metaphor about having kids with disabilities--how you plan for one thing and then something completely different happens. Not bad, just different. And whenever David acts like a weirdo, I say "Welcome to Holland."

cws said...

lol...I only laugh cuz I know how it is!! Just wait till they get older and then they tell on people that aren't not in the right place ;-)