Saturday, May 5, 2007

i need you to love him

I do not need you to say you are sorry. I am not sorry.

I do not need you to tell me he will be okay. Of course he will be okay. I am a good mommy.

I do not need you to tell me "you never know." I do know. I don't need to feel hopeful that my child's future will change--that it will be a miraculous phenomenon that defys all odds. That he will "get better." He doesn't have the flu. And he is already a miracle.

I love my child with Fragile X Syndrome just like you love your child with red hair or chubby legs or freckles or crooked teeth or a bad attitude.

He is already everything he needs to be.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Oops. Have I been bad about this too?

the other lion said...

You telling me David is going to be president is way different than people being ignorant or simply not listening to me. Call me and I can explain better.
I LOVE YOU!

Haley-O said...

Wonderful post, Er. You're both so lucky to have each other. "Love is all you need," right. :)

Leanne said...

Awesome post and awesome blog! As another FX mom - I know exactly what ya mean!

Leanne said...

Btw, mind if I link to your blog from mine(Adventures in Holland)?

the other lion said...

Please do! I would like to link yours to mine as well. The more people read about FX the better!

Leanne said...

Excellent - thanks! And of course you are mroe than welcome to link mine also!
http://fragx.blogspot.com/