Monday, May 28, 2007

nothing to do with memorial day

If you met my son, you probably wouldn't think that getting him to put an object in his mouth and chew on it would be a difficult task. BUT....it is. Because if you want him to put it in his mouth, then it must be bad. And if it's just laying around in the dirt, then it must be good. I have been trying for weeks to get him to chew on pieces of rope in order to collect his saliva for Stanford. But he wants nothing to do with it. Why is my son's saliva a hot commodity? Because they are looking at cortisol levels (a stress hormone) in kids with FX. But I guess my little guy will not be able to help them. He has made it very clear that he opposes the whole idea.

Random question--Does anyone know if Project Runway is coming back and when? Am I living in a black hole? Why have I not heard?

2 comments:

Kristiem10@gmail.com said...

I know what you mean. We did a study for UNC Chapel Hill and had to collect spit samples every day for a week, I believe. I ended up having to sit on him and do it. I can't imagine the cotisol levels being high after being tackled and having a cotton thing stuck in your mouth, can you? lol.

Laura said...

i think it doesn't come back till december or something...they couldn't find enough designers when they were casting. or something.

here, i found a link! http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/04/project_runways.html