Sunday, June 17, 2007

meanwhile, it sounds like my upstairs neighbors are smuggling xerox machines

Took my dad out to lunch at IHOP. Mmmm. The Kiddo got so messy. Next time I will not order him fruit-topped pancakes. What was I thinking??? I love that he calls the sausage a hot dog, though. Anything to get him to eat meat! Then we went home for a nap and went over to my dad's (Opa's). And that is where the real "fun" began. Opa got a twinkle in his eye and said, "I know what we could do, and I bet Little Man would love it." I got all excited. I was ready for, "We could go ________." or "We could check out _______." But, oh no, he enthusiastically offered, "We can wash and wax your car!" Seriously. He was actually excited. I think asking me to come over was just a ruse to get me to vacuum the inside and wash the windshield. I won't even discuss the cup holder situation--let's just say it was winter and a paper cup of soda froze and thawed twice. He even did all of the waxing. It looks sooo beautiful now. And like Opa said, "It'll be easier to find now. It'll be the shiny one."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time. Now I woon't be afraid to sit in your car.
Seriously, it was bad.

Andrew Snyder said...

I forgot to sign my name to the last comment.
Oma

cws said...

Just a heads up....stay away from the chocolate chip pancakes. You think fruit topped is bad...the chocolate is 100x's worse!! And it gets everywhere.

Kristiem10 said...

lol! Love the picture. And if it weren't for my husband, my vehicle would be a mess, too. I have exploded pop cans in my car. Really.