Sunday, July 22, 2007

i didn't mean to!

Tonight I dug around in the fridge and decided to make a pizza. As I was adding the meat and cheese, Little Man came over to investigate.
He signs, "baa-bull?" (apple--it is actually a peach, but whatever)
"Later. You need to wait."
"Wait." He signs it. "WHAAAAAA." He gets over it.
"Deez?" (cheese)
"Mommy's putting cheese on the pizza."
"Za," he steps up on his tiptoes and sticks his fingers over the edge of the pan.
"Punkin! What are you doin'?"
"Deez. Some."
" Here."
"No."
"Okay, put it on the counter."
"Deez?"
"I gave you some."
"Deez," as his eyes start to tear up and his lips start to quiver.
"What? Why are you sad? Here, you can have some."
"Deez," eyes and lips still going strong. I scoop him up and he buries his head in my shoulder. We sit on the chair like this for a few minutes, and then it hits me.
"Do you want to help mommy put cheese on the pizza?"
"Ya. Deez."
"Okay. I'm sorry."
"Ya."

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Awww, what a little sweetie pie. And, hey! At least you eventually figured it out.

Jennie said...

Sometimes people misunderstand each other, no matter how close they are. Doesn't mean you are any less wonderful, or that you don't know him.