Saturday, July 7, 2007

mind reading

I have been wanting to blog, but unable to muster the intellectual capacity to do so. I was laying (is that right?) in bed last night, thinking of brilliant things to say, wishing Blogger would come up with some new-fangled way of taking my thoughts directly from my brain to the computer. But, alas, it cannot. And it might be problematic. There may need to be some sort of a filter on technology like that. Otherwise you'd end up with, "And then Punkin walked . . . hey, are they moving xerox machines upstairs again? up to me . . . I think I need some cheese . . . and said house . . . my neck hurts . . . cause he wanted to take his new dollhouse in the car with him. And then he picked it up . . . were those firecrackers? why am I turning into an old lady . . . and carried it out to the car all by himself." Didn't so much make any sense, huh? Of course, when I write, I use a different voice in my head than the one that says, "Hey, I need some cheese." So maybe the new mind-reading technology could tell the difference between blogger voice and personal needs voice. Okay, I have officially spent too much time on this.

We had a good couple of days. My parents took me out to one of my favorite restaurants--Thunder Bay Grille--where my sister and my friends and I used to slave away over the hostess stand. I worked there for four years, and I would still eat there every day if I could. I had an apricot-dijon glazed pork chop and a sweet potato, just like my mommy. Then we went to Whiteys Ice Cream and I stuffed myself with an Oreo Shake. And we headed off to see Evan Almighty. I thought it was much better than Bruce Almighty, mostly because of the lack of boob jokes. It bordered on hoaky, but I think it was intentional. It was cute. Made me feel warm and snuggly inside. Punkin slept 'til 7:15 this morning. We watched Charlie and Lola on The Disney Channel. ADORABLE. I think I will watch it now even if he doesn't ask.

I am excited about my upcoming vacation to Chicago for the conference. One more week!Hooray! I'm assuming the hotel has free internet, so I plan to blog away. My mom wants to put her two cents in as well, as she will be on diaper duty.

Did you read about FX awareness day?

And, a random bit o' fun about me: CanNOT press the garage door button and run out while it's closing. Nope. Petrified. Don't ask me, cause I won't do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wishing for this technology for ages!

:) Jenny

Laura said...

i love you. your post makes me smile :)

Kristiem10 said...

I am a scattered-thought-thinker too. Did you take Punkin with you to the movies? Did I misread that? Have fun in Chicago.

the other lion said...

Oh no, we didn't take him. But they did advertise a Veggie Tales Movie (The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything), and I am considering taking him to that. I think I am crazzy.

camilyn said...

Hi,

You've got an incredibly nice weblog. Many people will not understand what mind power can do to one's achievement Begin directing the brilliant power of your mind and subconscious mind to build the living you choose with our Mind Power training system. Get the Free Mp3, E-Course and CD nowadays and commence directing the power of the mind and subconscious mind to build the lifestyle you need - in 7-simple steps.

Mano said...

Hi,

You've got an extremely great weblog. To turn out to be a productive human being the simple thing is usually to have positive thinking. Get pleasure from Sky Rocketing Good results with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Produce Positive Thinking So You'll be able to Remove Pressure From the Existence, Improve Your Self-Confidence and Plan Oneself For Lifetime Achievement!