Thursday, August 30, 2007

doh!

So back when I was pregnant I signed up at all these sites like Pampers.com, ect. to get free stuff. I remember reading about the program with Pampers, but I remember thinking I wouldn't use it. But maybe that's because for a while I always bought Luvs cause, you know, they're just as good and about $3 cheaper. But if I had a coupon I would totally buy the Pampers cause they smell good and they have cute Sesame Street guys on 'em. So anywhoo, now Punkin is 31 months old and he needs diapers that are stretchy, which apparently Luvs is developing, but doesn't have yet. So I have been buying Pampers every time. Anyway, I decided today to open one of my trillion e-mails from Pampers about their program because it was advertising a photo contest. And because Punkin is CLEARLY the most beautiful toddler that I know, I thought I should enter. Well, you have to use your points to enter. No big deal. How do I get points? Turns out all you have to do is enter the code from the diaper package and you rack up tons of points for toys and movies and books. I could have been earning anywhere from 1-14 points on each box of diapers I have bought since he was born 31 months ago!!!!!!!!! Seriously. Why do I not pay more attention to details?

My cousin told me today that she had a SCORPION in her apartment at college. Here I'm all freaked out about a dead spider in a pool over vacation and she has a SCORPION. But it reminded me of this kiddo I used to work with who was in love with all things nature related. But he also couldn't walk. So if he got out of his chair, he saw the ground. Makes sense that he liked bugs and snakes. Anyway, he was especially in love with scorpions. He and his friends were going to start a band called The Scorpion Kings and get matching tattoos. The tattoos would have to wait about 10 years, but no big deal. So one day we're in the nurse's office to get his meds and he tells the nurse he's going to get a tattoo--when he turns 18--and have my name written underneath it. Not my first name, my last name--Miss ______, cause that's what he called me.

So a polar bear walks into a bar and says, "I'll have a gin ....... and .......... tonic."
The bartender says, "Okay, but what's with the big pause?"
The polar bear holds up his paws, "I don't know, I was just born with 'em, I guess."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the U's lauged but not really...

w-huff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
w-huff said...

We had a dead scorpion in our 40 pound box of lemons once. Nasty surprise!

Kristiem10 said...

Yuck about the scorpions. Cute joke, though.

Andrea said...

The joke was terribly funny. I'll have a scorpion story for you, but it is blogworthy, so you'll have to wait till I get the time to put it on there. :)
Love ya