Wednesday, September 19, 2007

that fish has balls!

This is a balloon fish on a balloon fishing pole. Did you know such a thing was even possible? Look at his eyes! A lady at Applebees made it for Punkin while we waited for our food. He did not understand AT ALL what it was or why he couldn't have it ASAP. But he did have fun flinging it about the table and dragging it behind him in the parking lot. But because he kept trying to eat the balloon, I wouldn't let him have it in the car. This caused a ridiculous blowout that lasted at least 7 minutes and resulted in two hits to mommy and numerous hits to himself. At one point he hit himself with one hand pretty hard, and then stopped screaming, looked at his hand, and made a face that read, "Why'd you do that?"
I'll let you see for yourself why Oma said he has balls. Silly Oma.


Now this is the phallic part if you ask me. The pink balls are supposed to be the reel.

Oh we were a sight today. I went in to the grocery store at 7pm. I admit that I was stretching the limits of Punkin's patience and tolerance, especially considering we had just been out to dinner with my parents. I went in for mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. It's for a S'more dessert, okay? I came out with mini marshmallows, three bags of chocolate chips, graham crackers (just in case I didn't have enough), fudge brownie mix (duh), frosting (for the extra graham crackers...if my sugar levels reach dangerous lows???), a bottle of laundry detergent (I saw it was on sale as I chased Punkin down the isle after I placed all of my disguised sugar on the counter) a two year old hanging off my right arm (quite literally hanging--he decided every three steps to lay down on the floor as I desperately grasped his hand), and an open purse (filled with board books, diapers, crayons, a ducky blanket, and a sippy cup) off my left hand (which was also carrying the "food" and the detergent). My saving grace? I went to pick up Punkin, and I accidentally tickled him. He almost jumped out of my arms (which he didn't want to be in anyway) and squealed so loud the lady in front of us turned around and laughed. Lesson One: God's grace and wisdom comes in many forms, including a sense of humor. Lesson Two: No matter how many things you are buying at the store, no matter how short a time you will be there, always ALWAYS opt for a cart.

5 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Very good advice. I always cram Blake in the cart at the grocery. He is too big for it really, but those seats have belts!

And OMG! That balloon is hilarious. It is definitely phallic.

Kristiem10 said...

Oh, and you HAVE to share that recipe for the s'mores dessert.

Andrea said...

yes, the cart is a necessity. I especially find the carts with the cars in the front terribly entertaining. When I have my niece and my two kids, it is the only way I can do it without having two carts. God help us all. We have a store nearby that has FREE childcare at the front of the store. I can't wait til I can use that. I may just go grocery shopping for fun?

Anonymous said...

Tell your mom to get her mind out of the gutter. HAHAHA
Love you, Aunt Patty

Alice said...

I love the fishy! I would have wanted to play with it instead of dinner too:) I miss you. I hope I get to meet Punkin someday. I enjoy reading about the two of you so much since I don't have kids of my own. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm still in the loop of your life.