Thursday, September 13, 2007

meanwhile i have a bandaid on my...err...chest...and it ITCHES!

I am a member of LWML (Lutheran Women's Missionary League), and we had our first circle meeting at my apartment tonight. The topic of the devotion was "It is well with my soul." We talked about how we find refuge in God in all times and in all places. Or rather how we can and should; I can't say we always do. The point of this is, "It is well with my soul." I really do feel that way. There are tough days. And weeks. But in all of it I come out stronger and more convinced of the love of Christ for me. Just little ol' me. I have food in the fridge. There's gas in the car, and when it runs out I will have money to buy more. Punkin has clothes and toys and a good school. I even get some perks like cable and ice cream pretty much every night. I have good friends and a solid family. I am blessed. I am not wanting, as in needing. I do want things. Lots of things. But all in all, if I had all those things, it wouldn't help me feel more safe and secure. Just have to remember that next time I'm window shopping at the mall....

WARNING: Really Tall Guy--This part is kinda girly.
Now back to the BANDAID from h-e-double-hockey sticks. I had to have a biopsy of a mole on a certain sensitive area yesterday (okay, my right boob), and now I have to wear a bandaid for two weeks. (Not the same bandaid. A new one twice a day. Hehehe) And I've had trouble with them before, but only on my neck and face (No, I don't usually wear bandaids on my face--I've had surgery and the tape leaves me looking like a red and white raccoon.) But this. This is making me nuts. AHHHHH! I wasn't going to talk about the biopsy 'cause it's not a big deal, but the bandaid cannot be ignored. And calling to complain to my mom helped, but it didn't help enough. (Yes, Emily, she did tell me to drink some hot water and take a Tylenol, but she was joking.) And the bandaid is Elmo 'cause that's all I had in the cabinet. So Elmo's gettin' real up close and personal these days. And that's my boob story.
NOTICE: End of girly part.
I used my new stainless cookware, and I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to clean. And the handle stayed cool the whole time I was cooking. Crazy. Also used my new knife, which is admittedly on the small side (3.5 inches), but it cut through that fresh pineapple like butta..or butter.
WARNING: Haley--Pregnancy Story Alert.
Now my face is starting to itch even though there's no bandaid there. When I was pregnant with Little Man, I started itching internally during my 8th month. Absolutely insatiable itching. Everywhere. Face, hands. legs, arms, back, feet. No one could explain why. A few people thought it was related to my gall bladder issues (I had it removed a week after Punkin was born.), like a salt build-up or something. But my mom and I concluded later that we think it was mostly anxiety related. But regardless of the reason, it was awful. I would wake up with bruises on my upper arms from scratching in my sleep. I'd rather go through labor again two times than go through that. Drove me bonkers.
NOTICE: Pregnancy Story Over.

I 'spose bed is calling. I left my laundry in the apartment complex's laundromat by accident. Totally forgot about it. Hope it's there in the morning. Or rather the afternoon, as I won't be able to get it until then. Eek. My favorite jeans are in there! I'm so absent-minded lately.

There are two flies--the same ones I wrote about a week ago--buzz buzz buzzing everywhere. GRRRR. But they do take my mind off of the ITCH.

SO excited for Friday. Jeans day at work. Have to wear my second favorite pair. Oops. Then it's on to happy hour somewhere. But I'm a little worried about Punkin because he got very upset today with his respite worker. I came home and his face was all blotchy from crying. (pouts) She said he was asking for me. I couldn't help but feel a swell of pride and deep contentment along with the surge of guilt. Did I say I was going to bed?

Have a good one.

5 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

I was just talking to my sister last night about "It is well with my soul." I was telling her how at peace I feel. No, my life isn't perfect, but I am content because of Christ's love for me.

About the bandaid, of it itches, could you be allergic to latex? Maybe try a latex-free bandaid. I hope the biopsy results come back ok.

Laura said...

Oooh, good idea about checking for latex! Hmmm.

Also, I don't have any good comments to say, but I'm glad you took the cupcake off the top of your blog, because it made me salivate every time I visited...

One more month till I see you!

FXSmom said...

Jeans day...how I miss jeans day. Feel blessed in your jeans today :)

Liz said...

I had to have a mole removed from almost the exact same place, except it was the left... one. Now I have a scar there that's bigger than the mole ever was. There goes my dream of being a lingerie model :(

Derek said...

Oh, crap. I just figured out what you're talking about.

Excuse me while I go purge the visuals. >.<