Wednesday, September 5, 2007

tag! i'm it!

Kristie tagged me!

The Rules: Post the rules before you give the facts. Post eight random facts about yourself. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave the people you tagged a comment on their blog, letting them know that they've been tagged.

1. I despise being "it" in Hide-and-Seek and "Tag." (Except blog tag, in which case it is fun and complimentary and entirely void of physical labor.) I have no desire to find people who are trying not to be found. Call me lazy. Call me uninquisitive. Call me too ADHD to stick to one very straight-forward, yet mind-numbingly difficult task until completion. And Tag. Geez. Sounds like a game a strung-out kindergarten teacher made up so her kids would exhaust themselves and take a nap. "Let's all run around in a big field and tap each other on the shoulders." She's brilliant! A close second, The Quiet Game. But I do love when kids yell out, "I'm being quiet!" or "I'm not talking!"

2. There will never be a bathtub clean enough for me. Unless maybe it is brand-new. Even hotel ones are iffy. I would prefer to Clorox it first. And wear my bathing suit. I don't know what it is about tubs, but it's getting worse as I get older. Blech. Eww. I have much to say, but too sensitive a gag reflex to say it.

3. I still sleep with a special blanket. It's too big to take out of town with me, but if I could, I would. Love me my blanky. The original yellow blanket was lost at The Holiday Inn. This one is a big blue quilt that my mom took to college.

4. I eat ice cream almost every day. I think a person's favorite says something about them.
Mint Chocolate Chip = classic, yet innovative. cool.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough = likes comfort food. is known to grill out a lot. would rather eat plain cookie dough, but was told it was unsanitary.
Double Fudge Brownie = no time for toppings. i need the chocolate efficiently and tastefully
Coffee or Butter Pecan = gross, err, sophisticated palate. would prefer their ice cream with pie.
Vanilla = maybe they like toppings???? enjoys ice cream mostly for it's texture

5. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I have a minor in Women's Studies and a major in both English and History. Got a job for me?

6. When the Democratic pollers called to ask who I would vote for, I said Barack Obama or John Edwards.

7. I'm about to have some Cookie Dough ice cream with Hershey's Syrup. I don't like the store brand syrup. Edy's Double Churned--not bad at all. I do NOT do diet food. I can totally taste the Splenda. But this is yum-mee.

8. The pool water incident my sister refers to was the fault of someone who shall remain nameless but who loves to egg people on and make them drink too much wine and then get the hiccups and then the only natural thing to do is to turn away from their friends and duck down in the pool and sip a teensy bit of water in a desperate attempt to rid themselves of said hiccups.

Now tagging:

Lion
Lola
Drea
Jennie
Boo
D
Alice

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

lol, I am with ya on the real game of tag. I am anti-physical activity.

FXSmom said...

mmmmm...mint chocolate chip is sooo the bomb...just bought me some actually :)

ali said...

i'm a cookie dough...all the way...mmmm....