Wednesday, October 31, 2007

getting back to normal

The Plague struck our apartment. Punkin was not ready to go back to school until today. His illness struck Thursday night. I tried to send him Monday, but they called me to come get him. I was kinda glad, because by the time we got home, I wasn't feeling so hot myself. By Monday night I was curled up in the fetal position watching Punkin make a huge mess all over the living room while we enjoyed (or he enjoyed) Mickey Mouse's Once Upon a Christmas for the 37th time. Tuesday morning a little before 5am, I think, I got up and went potty. Then I grabbed some ibuprofen out of the medicine cabinet. And then I woke up on the floor, in the dark, with a really bad headache. Apparently I fainted and bonked my head on either the floor or the edge of the bathtub. I called my parents, hysterical, and then quickly realized that I did not need them to come over after all, I just needed to go back to sleep. But since Punkin had overtaken my bed by that point, I grabbed some blankets and slept on the floor. I was not about to move him. My body was aching from being sick as well as from lifting and "bouncing" him for the previous 4 days.

That's his new fix. He does the sign for sit and says what sounds like dance, but what he means is bounce. He lays on my lap with his head hanging upside down by my knees while I bounce my legs. Before we only did it at church or when he got really upset because he couldn't run around somewhere. Now we have to do it 24/7 at home. While we watch "Mi-Mouse" over and over and over and over and over again. So yesterday was rough. Punkin was starting to feel better. I was still feeling immobilized from my fever. I kept asking, "How about Nemo?"
"NO! Mi-Mouse!"
"Or Woody. We could watch Woody?"
"Woody?"
"Ya!"
"No. No. No. Mi-Mouse!"
He did choose The Incredibles a couple times, but for the most part we've just been wearing holes in the Mickey dvd.

I got a burst of energy right before trick or treating and decided I was not about to waste the $16.92 I had spent on an Elmo costume. Someone was going to see it and give my child candy as a reward for putting up with his mother's ridiculous and irrational wardrobe demands. (Pictures to come later--they are on Oma's camera.) So we went out to about 3 houses in Oma's neighborhood and then I decided I was going to die. (Oma is still rolling her eyes at my dramatic response to being sick.) Thank goodness I had respite from 6:30 to 8:30pm so someone else could put him to bed! Now Punkin is at school, and I am home resting. I think I will go take the longest shower ever now.

Oh--And I did go to the doctor. I just fainted because I too have a sinus infection. Punkin and I are so alike! Isn't that sweet? We're both taking yucky Augmentin, too. Blech.

I seriously can't wait to show you the Elmo pictures. Good stuff.

3 comments:

FXSmom said...

Hope your house gets better soon :)

Alice said...

Thank God you went to the doctor. That is very scary to read! I love the Elmo pics:) Thank-you for sharing!

Andrea said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I know the plague has been making its rounds around here as well. I can just hope that we don't get it because I can be a real drama queen about such stuff and I really dislike taking care of sick kids when I am sick myself. Yeah for respite. Is the new person working out?