Friday, October 12, 2007

rather be playing sand volleyball

"We're outnumbered by more than 10 to 1!" I think of this line from a Veggie Tales movie every time he dumps the entire bucket of toys into the bathtub. Those toys are so fun, though. They're foam, so they stick to the side of the tub. And naked babies. =)
Way cute new PJs from Oma. He was crying because he wanted a Cars jacket, which Oma also bought. =) Not spoiled.
So after the bath and the new jammies he decides, "Ya. I'll take dinner now." ARGH!

But that was a few nights ago. Tonight he is in his room knocking on the door and talking to himself. We stayed home sick today with the plague. It kinda feels like I smoked an entire carton of cigarettes. So I figured Punkin was feeling yucky, too, and gave him some "medsin" to help him take a nap. WRONG. He obviously had an adverse reaction and was up, running back and forth from the bedroom to the living room and jabbering a million miles a minute, until I finally held him really tightly and rocked him to sleep. And in case you were wondering, yes--napping with your kiddo in the recliner TOTALLY makes up for how CRAZY he made you earlier in the day.

The shoes I ordered did not fit. Couldn't even get them on my feet! I think since the wedding I need them for is so close, I will just buy some cheap ones for now and spend more money on quality shoes when I'm not in a rush. I considered posting a picture of my feet, but they're not very pretty. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Punkin is in big trouble. He is obsessed with strings and cords. And he yanked the internet cord out of my laptop today. And now it won't click into the port. Big trouble.

My friend had something on his blog about the dioxins in certain plastics being harmful ... oh here's the link. Anyway, it got me thinking about how I want to order a new Keeper. Used to have one in college. Loved it. It's a girly thing, so I suggest that you click with caution.

OOOOOOOOOOOO. Monk is on. Love that show. Does anyone know what happened to The Girls? And Project Runway should be starting soon! Makes that enormous cable bill a little more tolerable.

Now for the venting portion of the post. I HAVE NO RESPITE!!! The wonderful girl. The Chuckee Cheese Girl. Yah. SHE'S GONE. She decided that passing her boards to be a registered nurse was more important than ............ uh Snoop Dog is on Monk ...... taking my guy out for burgers so I could go to volleyball. And they just let her dump her shifts without anyone to cover them! So no respite Tuesday during my eye doctor appointment. No respite tonight, which is okay because of the whole plague thing. But still.......It's Snoop. SNOOP Doggy DOOOOOG. Okay now I am too distracted. How did I forget to buy ice cream at the store today? I get to see all my BFFs on Thursday! Eeek.

4 comments:

Alice said...

The keeper thing threw me a little. Am I living in a dark box? Sometimes I wonder if I am a real girl as I have never heard of such a thing. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon! The plague has been attacking Taco Town too. UGH to winter flu season.

Kristiem10 said...

I have wanted to get a keeper for a long while. I barely need it anymore, thank you premature ovarian failure. Anyway, you like it?

I am sorry you lost your respite provider. She sounded like a gem.

I am sick here too. I am wondering if I have Strep throat. Blech. Feel better.

Jennie said...

I don't know what's happening with The Girls. Every time I see a pic of Hef lately, he's only with ... Kendra! Oh no! Hope nothing bad happened with Bridget and Holly.

Andrea said...

I missed you this weekend and I hope you had a great time at the wedding. You didn't miss much, really, but I did miss you. I remember the keeper. I remember how grossed out the quad was that I used those cups (don't remember what they are called) that were disposable. Loved the PJs on Punkin. Hope that you are getting over the plague. We are finally almost done with it after 3 weeks. Sorry to hear about your respite worker. Matt has been working sooo much overtime lately that I am considering finding a babysitter... never had one of those before... :) hehe