Sunday, November 18, 2007

you've got to be kidding me

I don't know if I'm clueless or if I just had the biggest misunderstanding EVER with the internet salesperson, but I am not yet wireless. Not in my definition, anyway. See, in this company's definition, wireless means that there are no wires going from their building to your my house. Which is so helpful to me. Because I care so much about one more wire coming into my apartment. Ya. NOT HELPFUL TO ME! So now I am online, but only because the ethernet cord is properly positioned for the moment. Ooops. Now it's not. Oh, wait, now it is. Plus, I have to have this modem they sent me perched in the middle of the window ledge in my living room just above the couch. You know, Punkin's second favorite place to climb and pick things up and chuck them across the room. And the signal isn't even that strong. So this little modem is going back to its warehouse tomorrow and I am getting my cable internet back so that it can be hidden under the desk. And my dad found a router that was $40. Not the biggest range ever, but my apartment isn't that big, so it's cool. Is there an easier way to do this???

In other news, I am sick. Again. This time with a stomach bug. Jury's still out on whether Punkin's picked it up.

The doc switched me to Cymbalta since my body is apparently not tolerating the Effexor. The good news is that I can just switch from one to the other. Whoo-hoo!

It is way too late, and my belly needs me to curl up in the fetal position now. Later gators.

6 comments:

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

I am sorry you are sick! There is a cough thing going around my work that I am trying to avoid. My father has had success with Cymblata so I wish you luck! Love ya!

Andrea said...

being sick sucks! hope you feel better soon.

Jennie said...

Noooooooooooo! So sorry you are sick! I don't know anything about wireless, but it stinks that they were no good to you. LOVE YOU!

FXSmom said...

You poor thing. Hope you get better soon.

Kristiem10 said...

Feel better. Stomach bugs are no fun. I really know nothing about wireless, but putting a modem where Punkin can throw it is not the best plan. I see your dilemma. Good luck with the Cymbalta.