Thursday, December 6, 2007

lots of stuff, no unifying theme

1. Punkin has been visiting his new classroom after school. He is being pretty good about it, but I have been there the whole time and he gets to do what he wants. So on Monday, I'm leaving the room!

2. Speaking of the new room, she has two toys we love. The first are big legos. Not so much for stacking, but for their tactile properties. He was so distracted rubbing his fingers and wrists across the tops of them, I don't think he could hear a thing I was saying. I'll try to take a picture of his face next time. So cute. And he loves her car ramp. "Weee!"

3. He was sitting on the floor. I was sitting on the couch. He had some blocks. He looked up and said, "Monna, play?" AHHHH! I died. THEN then he said "Bodda (Opa), downstairs?" Then he pooped on the carpet (see previous post).

4. His class has been making smoothies this week. All of the kids get to help put the fruit in the blender and press the buttons. He was SO excited today. The thing is, I'm not sure he even ate it because of the texture. But making it was such a thrill. I love that. I hope he never outgrows that childlike amazement.

5. I went to a junior high dance tonight to help my friends chaperone. I probably don't even need to say any more. There was the typical slow dancing with ample room for the Holy Spirit, as my mother would say. And they played a game where my teacher friends got wrapped together with toilet paper and had to shuffle across the room. Good times.

6. I don't know why this is a list.

7. We're a little stuck on the snow. Perseverating a bit. Snow comes out "nnnoooo." He wants to touch it, eat it, and stomp in every square foot. Walking 10 feet to the car is quite a journey.

8. No, he has not pooped on the carpet again. Or in the toilet. I just kept thinking, "I don't have a dog. So why is there poop on my floor?"

9. The Girl's Next Door season premier is SUNDAY. As in tomorrow. Followed by the fabulous Snoop Dogg. Who's watching it??? You better believe you will hear all about it on Monday, so it'd be best to just watch it with me so you have a reference point.

10. Today is a chill day. Tomorrow is a busy day. Today I am making speghetti for my friender for lunch. And then I am going shopping for tomorrow. I am hosting a table at my church's advent celebration for women. I'm making a trifle. It's a Pampered Chef recipe. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I remember to take pictures. If a picture of brownies shows up on my blog, you will know my ambitions were too lofty.

UPDATE: I missed it! Both of them! All that waiting, and I missed it! The Advent celebration lasted longer than expected. More later.

1 comment:

Kristiem10 said...

1. Is it Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle? That is my favorite!

2. Doesn't it warm your heart to hear your son ask you to play with him? I love it!

3. I love your title.

4. I don't know why this is a list.