Tuesday, December 18, 2007

every day is closer to friday!

This is what we do aaalllll daayyy. But he's so darned sweet about asking! "Jump? Monna? Jump? Pease?" And even if I attempt to say no, he still crawls onto my lap, lays on his back, and waits for me to give in. He's gotten a haircut since these pictures were taken. He looks so grown up now! He was really good, too. We go to a place that is more expensive, but they let the kids sit in pretend cars and watch movies while they get their hair cut. Brilliant! I had to hold his hands, but otherwise no fussing!
"Da fighder!" I have no idea what he is saying or why, but every time he picks up a fork, spoon, long cardboard tube from wrapping paper, or even a straw, he holds it out and says, "Fighder!" My cousin, also FX, loves wooden spoons. So the fact that Punkin found this in Oma's kitchen and took to it right away really isn't surprising. In fact, I kind of like it because it reminds me of family. Sometimes I wish I knew what he was thinking, but then it occurred to me: If I knew what he was thinking all the time, would I still be so interested? If there was no mystery, would I be fascinated?

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Yes. Yes you would. Baby brain patterns are much more interesting than ours - they make those nutty leaps!

Kristiem10 said...

Nothing wrong with liking things like that. I mean, I think it is amusing that Blake is mildly obsessed with playing with my egg beater. That's not weird, right? Right?

Anonymous said...

Those things (wooden spoon and egg beater) are not at all weird to be obsessed with! Weird things would include: being obsessed with toe nail clippings, being obsessed with dumb shows about Playgirls, being obsessed with anything involving squirrels, and so on....

I think he is being a "fighter" =) Have you seen Peter Pan with him recently? =)

An imagination is a gift from God!

Auntie Em

the other lion said...

Hey, now! My friend (Alice) loves all things squirrelly, and she is totally normal. Sort of. I mean, besides the taking in a wild squirrel to nurse it back to health. (Sorry, Alice, but I can't get over it no matter how much I sympathize with both you and the squirrel.)
And for your information, The Girls Next Door aren't actually Playmates, even though they have been featured in the magazine. A Playmate is...okay, I am shooting myself in the foot here.....

Haley-O said...

I feel like I always know what the monkey's thinking because she's in this phase where she tells me every single little thing that enters her mind. So, I tend to hear the same thing over and over and over and over again.... Often, she's thinking about The Toronto Raptors...and "The Rainforest Song"...... The monkey is OBSESSED, too, with random objects. She's been known to take the following to school: a toy egg, toy sunny-side-up eggs, a barely-recognizable shrimp, a thingamajig and a whichamacolit.... ;) He's SO CUTE. Love the pics. :) Also love the name Oma -- sounds so good as "Oma's Kitchen" ! :)

Anonymous said...

When Zac was little, our wooden spoons were used alot with the word "BOSH"!! He would almost use it like a wand when he would 'Bosh'. But... what in the heck did 'Bosh' mean???? I LUV that kids think of these unrecognizable things!!! It certainly makes life more interesting! -Jill