Monday, January 7, 2008

meanwhile, it's 9:40pm and the child in question is still awake

At first I had grand plans of having Punkin transition to his new room for at least a month. He would visit more and more each day until he was spent the entire day there on his birthday. Then the logistics of this plan became a smidge overwhelming and time flew by as it always does. Now I am two and a half weeks away from his birthday, and he's visited his new room about five times after school. Now he is having major adjustment issues -- in his usual room-- since Christmas break, and his current teacher is very worried about the Big Day. So now I need to figure out if it is possible to bring him to work with me and have him stay in his new room for a few hours until I can drive him back to his current school.

5 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

The best laid plans and all that...anyway, good luck. I hope the adjustment isn't as bad as you expect. Drew went through a about a two week adjustment when going to preschool. It was hard for him, but he did ok. Punkin will, too.

Anonymous said...

God takes care of all things. Lift this situation up to Him in prayer....he'll show you the best way to do it! He takes care of you all the time, don't doubt Him now! Love you, squirt!

FXSmom said...

as wrong as it is...nyquil ;-)

the other lion said...

NyQuil is tempting, but last time I gave him cold medicine (regular, not non-drowsy), he ran from one end of the apartment to the other for about an hour. And he wouldn't take a nap all day. It was not pretty. I think he's one of those kids who needs a stimulant to calm down. I've considered Mountain Dew, as I have an ample supply. =)

Laura said...

Don't panic--I agree with anonymous, it's amazing how God can come through. I will be praying, but it will be okay in the end. I love you.