Saturday, March 22, 2008

memoir meme and cold pizza

First things first. Little Man woke up at 7:45am (!!!!) and now we are eating cold pizza for breakfast. He's on his third piece.

Okay, on to business. I was tagged by FXSmom at FragileWhat? Now, she left a comment claiming that this would be easy. But it is far from easy for me, the chronically verbose writer --especially when it comes to talking about myself or my Punkin. I want to include where I've lived, what I've learned, where I'm going, being a mother, a daughter, and a friend. That cannot be done in six words. But I'm up for the challenge. And I may come up with more, as this intrigues me. I found a book the other day that was a similar topic. Seemed like good fodder for writing workshops. Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure (Harper Collins).

The Rules:

Write your own six-word memoir.
Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you like.
Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
Tag six more blogs with links.
Don't forget to leave a comment on the blogs you tagged inviting them to play along.

My Memoir:

Child of God, hopeful and strong.

I tag:

Jennie @ fruitorigami
Lion @ Soundalong
Lirty @ the starving artist
Whitterer @ Whitterer On Autism
Mr. Esquire @ Esquire Within
Haley-O @ the cheaty monkey

6 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Very nice! And so true.

FXSmom said...

I'm sorry it wasn't easy. I was trying to be optimistic. Guess I suck at optimistic huh. But what you came up with rocked!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect memoir! the exact thing you should be remembered for and to give you purpose each day.

Sis

Jen said...

I just finished skimming through all your blogs...very interesting! I can't believe how much your Punkin looks like Evan and Kyle.
I laughed when I read about you holding Punkin up-side-down. I didn't keep very good track of my three older kids development; I had forgotten about the whole up-side-down thing. I used to hold Kyle like that when we were out and he was starting to "lose it." It would sometimes work.
Thank you for sharing your story :)

Haley-O said...

Ooo, that's a really cool meme! I haven't done a meme in so long.... Maybe I'll do it! I LOVE your memoir. It's so poetic1 :) I also love cold pizza! ;)

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.