Friday, March 7, 2008

typical

Yesterday I bought three large chicken breasts to cook and freeze for later use. I put them on my stone, turned on the oven, waited, turned off the oven, and gave Punkin a bath. That's right. Three large chicken breasts are still sitting in the oven. Nice and cooked.

The report from the sleep clinic came today. Under "Impressions" it read, "1. Inadequate Sleep Hygiene (too much time spent in bed) 2. Insomnia, not otherwise specified (possibly related to fragile x syndrome or mild to moderate mental retardation)." He can't sleep because he has a low IQ? That's exponentially helpful. Thank you.

When all of your friends are teachers, you end up at a lot of junior high dances. Guess where I'm going tonight? I didn't go to this many dances when I actually was in school.

Punkin knocked the free-standing mirror in his classroom over today. While his teacher was moving it out of the classroom, he hit his head on it. She took him to the nurse where he hit himself in the head with the bag of ice, became angry, flung his head back, hit his head on the back of the chair, and needed more ice. The nurse decided to kick him out of her office before he did permanent damage.

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Oh no! Poor little fella. I hope his noggin is ok.

And I am still shaking my head about the sleep study results.

FXSmom said...

lol...kicked out of the nurses office for being accident prone...now that is a new one!!

That report was real intelligent. These people have no clue what they are dealing with do they? I hope he is getting better though.