Thursday, April 24, 2008

someone's father petitioned for his monthly support payments to be lessened. just found out it was sliced in half. but i really can't be angry. cause even after i subtract the monthly amount we get for ssi, i still make $300 more a month than he does -- including my pampered chef income -- and i really don't make very much. and since it's been cut, we will probably qualify for more ssi every month. which is clearly more reliable than the person who is jumping for joy today because he got his way. i just kind of wonder how he is even paying the rent. wow. makes me think that even though things get rough around our little apartment sometimes, i really am doing pretty well for myself. minus the whole not having been to a dentist in almost four years thing.....

2 comments:

FXSmom said...

boy have I been in this situation a gazillion and one times. After my kids were about 4 all child support just halted so hopefully he will pay forever. I don't know what we would have done without SSI. Nothing like a change in finances to put us in a stressful tizzy though :).

Kristiem10 said...

You have a great attitude. :)