Thursday, May 29, 2008

mommy tag

FXS Mom tagged me!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Engaged, but I called it off at about 3 months.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? A little surprised and a lot scared, but in that out-of-body experience kind of way.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Nope.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 21
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Good old campus health center.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Sarah (cause she was with me), Lion (cause Sarah and I dragged her to the hospital to confirm it with us), my parents (at Applebees), and then my sister (via a phone call from Applebees during which I temporarily conceeded the title of Good Daughter).
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, though I was pretty convinced he was a girl.
9. DUE DATE? January 16
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? 15 pounds and three months of it
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Chinese food (which I never liked before) and mashed potatoes, and almost every night I would eat a raspberry yogurt, a mini pickle, and 2 slices of cheddar cheese
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My sense of smell was heightened. Otherwise I think I was pretty happy.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? Male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? When I first found out, I was stunned. I didn't know what to do with a boy! But by the time I had him, I was happy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT YOUR PREGNANCY? Lost 15, gained 30, lost 8.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. My sister and my aunts planned it. It was wonderful.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew. I helped make chocolate covered pretzels for it, too. Mmmmm.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Besides barfing All The Time? I had a lot of gall stones during my eight month. Had to go on a low-fat, bland diet until I had it removed two weeks after he was born.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In a lovely hospital room.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Not sure, really. I was having contractions for maybe a week or two before "real" labor started at about midnight the night before I was scheduled to be induced. I waited until 5:30 a.m. to wake up Oma. We drove to the hospital a short time later. I had him at about 1pm.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Oma
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Oma, Auntie, and a good friend from church who is a nurse at the hospital.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had planned to, but once I asked things started happening too quickly.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9lbs 1oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? A week after his due date.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? In utero he was Enzo (as in Enzo Ferrari). Now he's Punkin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check the time-I think it was closer to noon

Thank you for letting me part of your pregnancy and David's birth.

Oma

Kristiem10 said...

Well, you low-weight-gain people suck. j/k. I was a house!