Monday, May 12, 2008

ya name?

There was a sale at The Disney Store.... Oma said, and I quote, "This is why people should not give you money." =) Silly Oma. The Toy Story and Mickey Mouse Figurines were so CHEAP...er than usual. And big Buzz was irresistable! Woody NEEDS his sidekick. I bought these during my respite hours Friday night. I ended up coming home early because a certain recovering someone was very sad. And if I hadn't bought these figurines and dragged him out of bed to see them, he may never have cheered up. Right? Okay, fine. As toys go, I am my own worst enemy; I would buy everything if I could. Woody, Buzz. Buzz, Woody. Now kiss and say hello.
Is that a fragile x face or what? I also bought a light-up, magic-noise-making pink star wand. Why can't they make them green or blue? The story behind this purchase? Well, for a long time Mr. Punkin has had an obsession with long skinny objects. He flourishes them in the air like a sword and yells, "FIGHDER!" Couldn't tell you why. Anyway, a few weeks ago he started tapping me with my bamboo spatula and demanding, "Ya name." A few days later it became, "P P," tap, tap, "Ya name." Then he would tap himself, "Ma name." To make a long story short, I learned that in his room they sing a little song at circle time. "Hickety Pickety Bumble Bee, Can you say your name for me?....
......What's your name?"

Also, little boys named Punkin apparently LOVE being the alphabet pointer during circle time. According to the physical therapist I saw today, he would make sure everyone was watching, point to a row of letters, stop to make sure everyone was still watching, and point to the next row. All the while beaming with pride.
AND I found out that social security will let us use money from his dedicated account to attend the Fragile X Conference in St. Louis!!! With registration, food, hotel, childcare, and transportation costs, the trip will easily cost a grand. Punkin will be attending (out of necessity). Oma will also be attending (because I insist). WOO-HOO!

7 comments:

SB said...

e-msil me off line and I will get your address and send you a copy of the disc from Woody's Roundup. The music from TS2. It is AWESOME. My fraggles LOVE it.

I agree with you. TS rocks!

Kristiem10 said...

Awesome! I am so excited that you're going to the conference!!! We MUST meet up.

FXSmom said...

Lucky! I wish I could go :(. Someday it will happen. 11 years of dealing with fxs and I'm just now getting to go to the MIND institute (sooo excited). So I know my day will come.

I hope you have a BLAST!!! Bring back lots of stuff to share :)

Haley-O said...

GREAT news about the conference!
My monkey would LOVE that pink wand....!
He's ADORABLE!! :)

Sarah said...

wow! hooray on being able to go to the conference! and i'm glad that the sickness seems to have passed. :) love love!

huffy said...

Yeah for you on the conference. Did you get the Mother's Day card I sent you? I'm glad your back online. Take care, Wendy

huffy said...

correction "you're" back online! ugh. Off to Starbucks to wake up. Thank-you.