Wednesday, June 18, 2008

thirteen

1. Did you know you can take antibiotics for acne? Sweet, right? I'll let you know how it works. If I can afford to leave the pharmacy with the prescription. I heard it's expensive from someone who has the same insurance as me.

2. I decided that Deal or No Deal is the definition of insanity. People going on and on about how they're such good people and they believe in themselves and I know I chose the million dollar case. IT'S A GAME OF CHANCE. You could be a super sucky person and still win the lottery.

3. I don't like personalized liscense plates. Unless maybe it says something about Fragile X. But seriously. I don't care if you're Dan and Patty with four kids. Don't care. I feel like a jerky party pooper saying this, but I feel honesty is vital in building and sustaining our internet relationship.

4. AND my Aunt's school is going to have a Gene (Jean) Day on October 22nd. It's a long way off, but I want to get people thinking. I say we all have Gene Days at our schools or offices. People pay anywhere from $1 to $5 to wear jeans. We could make buttons. Keep ya posted. I am trying to get a logo that's an X that looks like it's wearing jeans, but, alas, I am no graphic designer. I may have a hook-up, though, now that I think about it. Hmmm. (Planning out what I will write? What? Why? No one can tell I'm rambling.)

5. Punkin had what was labeled as an 'explosion' in his diaper. Or out of his diaper considering there are stinkified clothes drying out in the bathtub. We got sent home early.

6. I think maybe it's not so good that I get all of my news from E!, general office chitchat, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Perhaps I should add "watches the real news" to my list of things that will make me a real grownup.

7. In grownup news, I am getting ... wait for it ... a REAL bed. Right now I have a twin. Compact and sufficient though it may be, I am going to be 26 in August. Seriously. I should be able to sprawl across the great expanse of at least a full - sized mattress. The new bed is currently in my parent's garage awaiting their return from the giant cruise ship o' fun.

8. Did I tell you they have a consierge and a butler? To handle little annoyances such as making reservations and directing them to the captain's quarters. So spoiled.

9. Meanwhile, I am enjoying some pretty crunchy cookies. Despite my superior bakeware and superior refrigerated cookie dough, all of my cookies are coming up really hard. Really hard. Like someone across the room could hear me chewing.

10. I ordered a swimsuit. It's bad. And it's not just bad on me. Generally it is just a bad suit. But I feel deflated after I had just worked myself up to order the one. Blech.

11. Crunchity crunchity crunch.

12. I have forgotten how to spell. I just typed chrunchity. And I didn't catch it right away.

13. Punkin is so adorable. He was wearing a tank top the other day and I told one of the teachers at school to check out his muscle shirt. Well when I went to pick him up, he had already learned to "flex" and yell "muscles." I will try to catch a photo. So funny -- mostly because he has chicken arms. =)

4 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

My husband used to take antibiotics for acne. It didn't help him much, but it was pretty severe. He ended up on Accutane. Now that works. Strong stuff.

So cool that you are getting a big girl bed. I have a queen size, but having to share it kind of cuts into the sprawl factor. So, you are lucky.

I can't wait to see pics of Punkin flexing his muscles, chicken arms or not. :)

FXSmom said...

Hooray for the bed!! I must say this post gave me giggle that I needed. I remember those exploded diapers. I don't envy you. I don't like personalized plates either...especially ones that are hard to get. If they are gonna pay the money make everyone know what it says...hello.

Jennie said...

HA! Great post. I took antibiotics senior year for my acne and it made a HUGE difference. Just as long as you're not having sexy times while you're taking that AND the Pill. They also have a topical antibiotic. Beg for generic!!!!!! That always helps.

Umma said...

Haha, can't wait to see the photo of Punkin flexing!