Thursday, July 10, 2008

have you ever tried to hug a fish?

Cause that's what holding Punkin is like most days. A slippery, flopping fish. And containing him in a booster seat with a shoulder belt is much like trying to seat belt said fish. I click it, he squirms out, catching his shoe on the belt, which ultimately traps him. I wrangle him back in and click the belt. I scold him, he laughs at me. He removes his shoes and socks. We drive five feet. Free of the cumbersome sneakers, he McGuivers out. Lather, rinse, repeat. Show up late to work. Lose two more years off life.


Try to get out of this, fart-face, I mean sweet, sweet child of mine. =) After a FIFTY minute drive home from work on Monday, I decided enough was enough and dropped $150 (after a $20 off coupon) on big mama. It is so heavy. Finding a carseat that will support a child who is 40 inches tall with a five-point harness is quite the undertaking. Oma and I found two. One was $280. So, that plus the cupholder made this one the clear winner. Here's my new dress. I went from being super totally major excited to happy to mostly happy to very unsure. It's for a wedding on Saturday AND it was 50% off. Now I need to figure out what shoes to wear....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart purchase...now maybe it will only take you 2 and a half hours to get here next time you visit!

The dress is perfect! Go with the initial feeling! It looks like it will make you look amazing.

Auntie Em

Kristiem10 said...

I love that dress! So cute. How about some strappy black sandals?

And, way to go on the car seat. I hope he stays in it for you.

Jennie said...

OoooOOOOOOOOOHH! Love the outfit! Strappy kitten-heeled sandals. From Payless, if you don't already have some.

Maddy said...

You're a very brave woman indeed! Fancy buying a seat with a cup holder - eeeeek! I had to tape mine over with duct tape. They would hide their ammunition in there and then pelt the back of my head with it!

As for the dress, superb. Make sure no-one's in the back of the car when you drive to the wedding or you'll be picking shrapnel out of your back the entire service.
Cheers

Sarah said...

like the dress! i'm loving the image of punkin "macguyvering", but i'm glad that he won't be able to anymore on you!

Laura said...

That dress is AWESOME! How was the wedding? Put up pictures of you in the dress!! I think the car seat is a good call--is it working out well so far?