Wednesday, August 6, 2008

i don't wanna talk about it

basically i called on my way to the interview to make sure i was heading the right direction since my internet directions seemed too simple and i knew the building would be difficult to find. long story short, the receptionist and i had a misunderstanding and i traveled 20 minutes in the wrong direction. when i called back she apologized profusely and said she told her boss it was her fault and not mine. but the boss still wanted to reschedule. well, the boss and i have been communicating via email so far and so i emailed her as soon as i got home. she was nice and understanding, but she also said they were done interviewing for this week and next since she is going out of town and they have two other strong candidates. so if the position isn't filled by the 18th, they'll call me. i must say i feel a bit deflated. but your prayers helped me stay calm and not get lost in a city i never drive in (cause i knew where i was and how to get home, just not how to get to the interview) and not start sobbing uncontrollably on the phone. now i'm going to go crawl into a ball.

God has a plan. i can still be disappointed, though. =)

Note: After I had a little tiny cry at home I realized that LION is coming FRIDAY and nothing can spoil how happy that makes me.

7 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Aww, I would have been crying, too. I am sorry things didn't go as smoothly as you'd hoped. And you are right, God does have a plan. If it is his will for you to have this job, you will have this job. If not, he will help you to be okay with that. Hugs to you. Love ya!

Maddy said...

Deflated indeed. It's horrible when someone pulls the rug away.
Best wishes as always

Jen said...

Ouch. The feeling of rejection does have an unpleasant sting. The right thing for you will happen.

Sarah said...

i'm sorry it didn't work out today for you. i know something will work out though! i love you lots! oh, and the two lions together?! i am super super jealous. i miss you terribly!

Laura said...

Ouch, that makes me sad and mad. But you know what, the one thing I have been learning is that we can't see the future. (Why are all my comments on your blog so philosophical recently?) Long story short, about four weeks ago I was really, really mad and hysterically upset about something at work and then two weeks later something way greater than I could have imagined happened. I know that will happen with you. And in the meantime, we will have some margaritas to make up for it--TOMORROW!

Jennie said...

There is NO WAY those other candidates are as good as you. May their second interview devolve into a booger handshake.

SB said...

aw girl. Wish I could hug ya...
But let me give you serious advice: the next time you get an extra $150, BUY A GPS....seriously!
My husbnad bought me one about 2+ years ago because he was tired of me leaving 6 hours before I had to be somewhere.
My GPS changed my life. I swear it did. I don't get lost. I don't get sweaty-anxious-freaked out if I don't know where I am going. For a FX carrier, GPS should come standard with the diagnosis.
(and God DOES have a plan!!

{{hugs}}