Tuesday, September 9, 2008

getting my move on

I got the apartment! The landlords want me to move in ASAP, but my current place doesn't want me out until the end of October. I may lose $450 if I move early, but seeing as how it is 9:56pm and Creepy Guy just knocked (loudly) on my door for the second time, it may be money I am willing to lose. And yes, I asked the people in the office about leaving early and mentioned Creepy Man as a main reason. They claimed to understand, noting that he comes to visit them in the office and creeps them out as well. What they fail to realize is that he comes to visit them in their office. Not at their home. And not in an "Oh, I happened to be walking by and came over to chat" way. In a "I just came home 20 minutes ago from a week's vacation and here he is, pounding on the door OF MY HOME" way. And I'm willing to bet he never brought them one of their shirts to their HOME that they happened to drop in the laundry room earlier in the day.

In other news, Punkin is quite the charmer lately. Miss K was helping him push the lunch cart to the cafeteria. She said, "Use your muscles, Punkin!" So he stopped, raised both arms, and yelled, "Mussels!!!" Not where are your muscles, use your muscles, Mr. Studmuffin.

Then his teacher wrote this note in his notebook: Punkin had no problem with Miss J (the new aide) today. He said "hi" and gave her a hug right away. He also kissed Miss K on the arm! What a sweetheart! Going for the older ladies! =)

7 comments:

d. said...

Ugh, that sucks that you'd lose out on the $450... but you're right, it might be worth it.

If I were in Iowa, I'd camp in your apartment as your co-habitating, territorial stud with anger issues until he got the idea. Alas, I will simply have to send those vibes from Boston.

SB said...

Woo HOOO! Congrats on the new digs. I love moving to a new place. I agree: $450 is worth it to get away from Creepy Guy. Maybe we could do a fundraiser for you and ask the apartment complex to SPONSOR it.

:)

Too bad we don't live closer. I could give you the 4 bazillion moving boxes I can't seem to let go.

Jennie said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Lady Killer! Also, maybe you should booby-trap your welcome mat? See if you can get some skunk smell or something to rub on it. Brr. I hate to think about that creepy guy harassing you. Yuk.

Anonymous said...

Get out now! Too bad you couldn't have moved while Creepy Guy was on vacation....A.K.

FXSmom said...

I'm so happy you can get out of there. It'll be a good thing :)

Kristiem10 said...

That Punkin is such a cutie. Of course he is a charmer. Gotta show off those "mussels"! And if I were in your shoes, I'd take the loss and get the heck outta there. Just don't tell Creepy Man where you're moving.

sarah said...

i agree, i would just consider it a worthy expense. if i had any extra cash to spare, i would totally donate it to the cause!

love the punkin stories. :)

i can't wait to come see you guys...IN YOUR NEW APARTMENT!!