Monday, September 22, 2008

i'm too nice

Is it really, really super mean to "lose" your kid's favorite toy for a while? Just a little while. I mean, I know I cried and all when I lost my blankie as a kid, but these are just toys. And I got over it. Right? Cause I'm telling ya, if I have to hear the hooves of that giraffe and zebra (both of which he insists on calling horses even though he knows darned well what they are) dance or stomp or race or whatever they do against a hard surface for another twenty minutes I may throw them out the window. On the highway.

Also, he may be allergic to pickles. This sounds ridiculous because 1) there are a mulitude of way cooler things to be allergic to and 2) who's allergic to PICKLES? But he ate fishsticks with tartar sauce (also known in Punkin lingo as butter), which he has never had before. Tartar sauce, I mean. And he ate plenty of mayo this weekend. So it has to be the relish that made his face and kneck bust out in all amounts of red splotchiness. My kid is so weird.

Anyway, I am off to the store to buy some pickles, which Punkin will refuse to eat, in order to test my theory. I may just have to put a dab of juice on his skin and see what happens. He didn't seem uncomfortable, so I don't feel toooo guilty.

Speaking of guilt, who am I kidding? Take away the loves of his life to save myself from a thunderous little headache? Don't be silly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a cucumber. He might be a little more willing to eat that than a pickle. If he doesn't get a rash from that then it might be something in the brine.
And he's not too weird. I have a friend who's allergic to celery. Good luck. I hope you both feel better soon.
Love, Aunt Kim

Vered - MomGrind said...

I'm sure he'll move on to something else soon - hopefully something less noisy. :)

Jennie said...

Col's allergic to strawberries. I always taunt him with the Kiss of Death when I eat fruit-covered waffles at Perkins or Denny's.

Holly's Mom said...

Juice on his belly is a great idea to see if his skin reacts... What if his horseys played on a pillow :-)

Sueblimely said...

Horses need re-shoeing from time to time - could you make some "shoes" out of felt or those little round things that you stick on the bottom of table legs to stop them scraping?

Or how about diverting him away from the noisy clopping ones with a horse/giraffe puppet or soft toy?

My fragilexer loved glove puppets and gloves too - we bought him new gloves the other week and he wears them round the house. He is 18 and the weather was warm :-)