Saturday, September 27, 2008

meanwhile, punkin climbed out of the cart at the grocery store, causing it to fall on top of him

Oma and I started moving today. We packed the truck and the car full twice and took quite a bit of stuff over to the new place. Punkin even let me start unpacking a little bit. It was so nice to pick something up and say, "Oh, that goes in PUNKIN'S room" or "This goes in MOMMY'S room" or "THE LINEN CLOSET." People, HOW have I lived without a linen closet? Or my own room? Or a vanity in my bathroom?

The building is older and the bathroom is a little ugly, but I have full-sized appliances, a balcony, and a DISHWASHER.

Moving is also a fantastic workout.

One point must be made. When you choose to live in a "nice wooded area," you choose to share it with some nice daddy long legs. Blech. Shiver. There aren't any in my place, just everywhere else.

THANK YOU to my family and friends!!! You are totally helping revive my spirits with this move. AND Punkin's teacher volunteered to take him to the children's museum while we move tomorrow (Sunday). He is going to be SO stoked. His teacher AND the giant sit-n-spin? Too much for words.

UPDATE: Punkin is fine. He just cannot be contained to any space unless he is strapped in with a five-point harness. He was in the back of the cart, because he refuses to sit in the front, when the cart fell. He had one leg over the side and it tipped over into a shelf of tampons before hitting the floor. I think the the tampons saved his head. =) My heart stopped for a minute, but he barely seemed to notice the fall after I got him out from under the cart. He has a lovely bruise. It should be noted that this is the second time he was trapped Saturday. He also somehow made an empty bookshelf fall on top of him. The kid needs a bubble-wrap suit.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I understand from Oma that creepy guy wasn't around today! I'm excited for your move. Love you lots, Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

So excited about your move!
Hopefully you won't have any daddy long legs moving in with you. Blech!
Love, Aunt Kim

Holly's Mom said...

OMG You can't have a title like that and not tell us the story about how a shopping cart fell on him... Bait and Switch!! I am glad your move is going well!

SB said...

A dishwasher makes life grand.
I wish I lived closer, I would help out (with babysitting OR moving).....
Change can be good. Congrats on the move!

Kristiem10 said...

I am so excited for you! And I am glad that Punkin was saved by tampons. lol!

sarah said...

what a great teacher! i'm sure that was a great help to you. i hope it all went well! love!

Jennie said...

GLAD the move went great and Punkin is okay.

FREAKED OUT still that the cart and bookcase fell on top of him even though I know he's okay. Gah! I don't know how you don't pass out every day from the worry!

FXSmom said...

Thank you for saying tampons!! At least now you know someone reads your whole post. My oldest told me two days ago she needed them and I had totally forgot until then!

Glad he is okay. Sorry about the spiders but super stoked about your new place! No more creepy guy..WOOT!!

Laura said...

How was the move? How is your new place? You probably don't have Internet yet. I miss you!