Saturday, October 11, 2008

Okay. Kristie made me raise a question. How many of you or your FX children stopped breathing or were not breathing at birth? My heart rate was very low, they should have done a c-section but didn't, and I came out blue. I spent some time in the ICU. A strange sight, no doubt, to see a 9 pound 4 ounce baby amongst the premies. Punkin needed only a couple bursts of oxygen. He was born very quickly, though, whereas my mom' labor with me was much longer and more horrendous.

4 comments:

FXSmom said...

I think I was fine when I was born. My son had low oxygen levels and body temp but didn't get any oxygen. He was just under heat lamps and monitored. My daughter had to be bagged 3x's upon her arrival though. 3x's she stopped breathing!!

SB said...

My oxygen dropped when I had my last baby. I was so so weak...Adam (non FX)was fine though.

Anonymous said...

No problems with Robert.

Jen said...

They had to work on Kyle for a while to get him breathing but nothing too serious.