Thursday, October 2, 2008

quick update


*Sssiiiggghh*


the moving is over. i turned in the keys to my old place today, hopeful that i may see a portion of my deposit after they see the [cheap] carpet.


the only thing left is to buy curtains for my bedroom (the one with a balcony) and hang pictures.


there's a lock on the door to the building and two locks on my door. and opa made sure the sliding door on the balcony is safe, too, since i share it with my neighbor. (? so odd)


i finally got cable and internet today. hooray!


and something remarkable happened. i put my dirty dishes in this big black box, turned it on, and came back later [after much loud swishing of water and soap] to discover CLEAN dishes. i made a chocolate shake last night simply because i knew i wouldn't have to wash the blender by hand when i was done. ahhh, happy dance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me smile sooo big to hear you are in your new place, you are safe and happy. I can kind of relate on the dishwasher thing. I remember when we moved when Katie was little. I told Uncle Mark I needed a disposal. He thought it wasn't necessary until he had to watch Katie and make dinner. Those small luxuries are very necessary to us moms. Enjoy your new home!!
Love, Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm very impressed with how much you have gotten accomplished in such a short time.
Very, very happy you are in a bigger and safer place.
Hooray on the dishwasher!
Love you, Aunt Kim

Kristiem10 said...

Aww, I am so happy for you! Dishwashers are a lovely invention. I've been watching for an update on the move. No more Creepy Guy! Woo-hoo!

Umma said...

That's great, moving is such a pain but it's a short term pain at least :-)

Those dishwashers are amazing...I still remember my dishwasherless life with disbelief. Considering how many CUPS the kid goes through each day. We'd be up to our ears without it now!

Holly's Mom said...

I love the bookcase, and chocolate milkshakes sound yummy@

sarah said...

hooray! i'm so excited for you! can't wait to see it. :)