Thursday, October 16, 2008

there's french silk pie in the fridge

someone please save me from my sinus misery. you would be doing my coworkers and son a favor as well as my sand volleyball team. because they rely on me to be alert and responsive. right now the pressure on my brain is leaving me semi-conscious at best.

also, it is thursday. which means tomorrow is friday. and that is always a good thing. the hopefulness of the coming weekend and all it's relaxing joys spill out before me every thursday afternoon. *sigh*

seriously, my left eye must bulging out of my head by now.

i did laundry yesterday. this wouldn't usually be exciting, except that i did laundry IN MY BUILDING. as in down the stairs. one flight. it didn't interrupt my entire day. it didn't drive punkin to near collapse. there was no vending machine to taunt me with its alternating chocolately and cheesy fantasies. *another sigh*

i've decided that the automated postal center is a fabulous step in the right direction. but what i really want is a drive through. no unleashing punkin from his five-point harness. no carrying super-heavy boxes in one hand, desperately grasping a squirmy boy in the other, and staring at the door begging it telepathically to open. nope. just drive up and drive away.

i am so brilliant, i know. amazing how i can come up with these things even as my brain turns to soup.

i talked to punkin's new OT today. she sounded like the nicest lady ever. she may not be able to take us on herself, actually, because she is going on maternity leave in decemeber and wants punkin to have some continuity. but i feel completely confident in this center. everyone i've spoken to is just plain happy and nice. and they possess a quality difficult to find in many professionals -- the ability to listen.

so my friend and i went for a nature hike today at the END OF MY STREET. there's a little pavilion and everything. so cute. very unkempt, but i like it.

i realized i never told you about my experience at volleyball a few weeks ago. i was walking in wearing shorts, which i NEVER do -- and these two guys are standing outside the bar smoking (there's a new no smoking indoors law). one of them looks at me and says, "damn, girl" (oh please do not hit on me) "you don't spend 'nough time in the tanning bed. you's pale. damn." (nice.)

4 comments:

Punkin's Oma said...

Sounds like he's spent too much time with his head in the microwave.

See you tomorrow.

Love,
Oma

Punkin's Oma said...

I forgot to ask: YOU STILL HAVE SOME PIE LEFT AND DIDN'T INVITE ME OVER. OOOH, BAD GIRL

Jennie said...

PALE IS THE NEW TAN!!!!!!!

sarah said...

rofl!
that is one reason why i am scared to wear shorts, or a bathing suit.

at least you aren't orange!