Thursday, November 6, 2008

a little sentimental

Number of my shirts he's ripped in the past month: 3
Number of times he's hit me in the face in the past week: 2
Number of times he's woken me in the middle of the night since birth: 5,322,968
Number of oreos he's stolen off the top of my Whitey's milkshakes: 12
Number of times I've replayed Mickey Mouse's Christmas on a Saturday in June: 4,322,097
Number of times I've yelled, "DON'T DRINK THE BATH WATER!" this week: 17
Number of actual around-the-neck hugs I received yesterday: 2 (!!!!)
Number of emergency room visits: 1
Number of times he's been under anaesthesia: 4
Number of times he made me throw up when I was pregnant: 5,432
Number of times I was puked on last time he was sick: 6
Number of times he said my name today and then when I said, "What, honey?" said nothing: 9
Number of times he threw his new portable dvd player/got a time out today: 3
Number of diapers I've changed this week: 20
Number of times he shrieked when I told him, "No hot dogs" yesterday: 5

Number of times I thank God for completing my picture: limitless.

10 comments:

brody's mom said...

We have a son with FX and he is adopted from Guatemala. I started a blog for him www.whosbrody.blogspot.com Hope you like it.

FXSmom said...

I. Totally. LOVE. this. post!

Kristiem10 said...

Best post ever!

Jennie said...

You are the most wonderful girl I know. I know I say that a lot, but it's true. That was beautiful. PS: Is your word verification trying to tell me something? It is "sycho". I'm serious.

SB said...

keep counting on him, "cause he's counting on you, honey.
I say that as a Momma of a 20 year old. You are living the moments that kept me going too.

:)

Love is beautiful. You can count the ways.

d. said...

This is my favorite post. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this post! But then I enjoy reading all of your entries. You are most creative with your writing.

David is a doll!! I am so glad I was able to meet him. And I hope that I will see you both again soon. It's all up to Mr Man here. Or you could bring him along when you come to Steph's wedding.... ;)

Huggers...Marva

sarah said...

:D

Anonymous said...

He not only completes your picture....he completes our family's picture!

Love ya!
Auntie Em

Holly's Mom said...

I completely loved your post!!! it was amazing.