Wednesday, November 19, 2008

srsly?

i am clearly dying of the plague, so i don't have much energy to write. oma keeps telling me to drink hot water to soothe my throat and clear the gunk out of my sinuses and chest. just hot water. no chocolate. no tea. no flavoring of any kind. just hot water. tell me that is not disgusting. oh, excuse me, she said i could add a slice of lemon. because 1) have lemons and 2) am healthy enough to slice them. i have a bad history with slicing lemons at a restaurant in high school and i'm not about to make a special trip to the store in the 20 degree weather to buy ONE lemon to "spice up" my tepid water when i'm wasting away from the plague.

i must go to sleep now.

the doctor told me to call if i get a fever. never mind i've felt like i've had a fever since monday night even though i apparently don't. so now i am taking my temperature every twelve seconds and guess what? it's different every time. 100, 99.5, 98.2.

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

11 comments:

Punkin's Oma said...

Hot water is very soothing; and gargling with hot salt water is good also. Remember, Oma knows best.

Anonymous said...

really....remember that nasal rinse thing? use it. i understand that it is gross. it will relieve your sinus's instantly! Warm water....not too hot. add one of those packets and shake it up. Open your mouth. tilt your head forward. Squeeze (with firm steady pressure) half the water into one nostril (it will come out the other). blow. repeat with other nostril! Use 2-3 times a day.

I promise it helps! tell oma to go to walgreens and get one for you!

i love you.

stripes on home furnishings...good. clothing...very dependant on stripe and type of clothing.

Auntie Em

Anonymous said...

Em is right. I understand these things work wonders. Some people say they never have sinus infections again when they use them regularly.
And FYI. It's unusual for an adult to run a temp.
Meaning you have to be REALLY sick to have one.
Get some shower soothers, too. It's something you throw on the shower floor, releases wonderful vapors while you shower. Really helps clear the sinuses (at least for a little while). And Vick's vapor rub. Great stuff!
Feel better soon!
Love you, Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

And yes, your mother is right, too.
Gargling with warm salt water is good for a sore throat...A.K.

The Other Lion said...

Gargling with salt water I can do. Drinking a mug of plain hot water I cannot.

I have a sinus thingy and I tried it in the past. It didn't do anything, so I'm not sure if I was using it right.

I am taking Mucinex, and it is really working hard. Kinda gross, but whatever.

Jennie said...

What about hot whisky? But I agree with your momma. Drink a little hot water.

Kristiem10 said...

Ok, Auntie Em is right. Go to Youtube and search neti pot. You'll get some gross videos on how to clean out your nose. You can make sure you're doing it right. I don't have an actual neti pot, but I use a squeezy squirt bottle. Tylenol or Advil helps with hurty throats, along with gargling salt water.

Mucinex always helps me, too. In fact, I am taking it now for my cough.

I hope you feel better soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have the sinus rinse thing and it does work great. Kind of gross but so worth it!! And there is always good old fashion Vicks vapor rub. Put a little on your temples, chest and under and in your nose. Reminds me of my childhood. Gramma use to do this to us all the time. Sure hope you feel better soon. I love you.
Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

Don't put Vapor Rub IN your nose. Get that in your lungs and you die...at the very least you get REALLY, REALLY sick.
I hope you're feeling a little better today:)
Love, Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Oops, I goofed Erika. I meant to respond to THIS post!! Anyway, I hope and pray you feel better soon! It's Friday!!

Love you,
Aunt Kathy

FXSmom said...

lol...what would do without all this great advice!? srsly?