Monday, January 26, 2009

four years old!

BUBBLES! His OT had him use his pointer finger to try and pop them today. It was a cute idea that we will be attempting at home with the crazy-awesome bubble wand from our friends. These same friends gave us a police car from CARS. It has a siren. It also has an "off" switch. 'Nuff said. (I really do like it guys, and so does he.)


LOL! Best card ever. Don't worry -- the bottle was tightly closed, and maybe even empty.


The balloons that came with a super-cheap, super-cheesy party decorating pack were perhaps the biggest hit of the celebration. He would approach my friend, hold the balloon up in the air and yell, "READY?", chuck the balloon at her face, and then run around shouting "I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" after she tossed it back his direction. I guess "shouting" isn't really an accurate word, though, considering that Oma could hear him out in the parking lot.... oops. My neighbors already know about our lack of volume control, I guess.

This photo has nothing to do with his birthday, but seriously are you not smiling right now? Oma and I found a new Woody doll on Ebay. He has to "SIT!" and wear his "SEAT BELT! I didn't even know he knew the word "seatbelt." Safety first!


This was easily the best birthday yet. I don't know how he knew what to do, but he did. I keep telling people, even people who aren't ever really around him, just wondering if perhaps they were the one to whisper in his ear, "Now you choose one present off the table, go sit in the middle of the room, open it all by yourself, delight at the surprise inside, and go fetch the next gift." And later, "Just climb up on that chair, even though it's not actually your chair and you never sit anywhere but your chair, listen to us sing Happy Birthday, and blow out the candles on the cake without being told." WHO? Who was it? I HAVE TO KNOW because you are MAGICAL. Can you tell him to poop in the toilet?



He loves this toy. They dance -- DANCE -- and sing!!! He also got a magical star wand (thank you, Aunt K), Handy Manny shoes (Oma and Opa), art supplies (Auntie Em), and a kid's mp3 player. We have some awesome friends and family -- love you!

3 comments:

Holly's Mom said...

What an awsome birthday. He is amazing and those pictures are great!

Laura said...

that sounds like the best time. i wish i could have been there!

Umma said...

What an awesome birthday!