Wednesday, January 28, 2009

third time's a charm?

punkin has to get tubes in his ears. AGAIN. this is the third time, the first set being put in when he just turned one. the ENT said that if these don't stay in, he'll put in ones that are meant to be almost permanent. grrr.

i am mostly "grr" about this because we had to wait an hour and a half to see the ENT, who read the report from the audiologist and looked in each ear before telling us he needs surgery again. AN HOUR AND A HALF. then we were expected to go pre-register immediately for the surgery scheduled for TUESDAY. don't know what time, we'll find that out sometime monday.

punkin was so well-behaved, but i had nothing to entertain him and the appointment blew his schedule to pieces. of course all of this made for the perfect excuse to eat dinner at my favorite place for pizza. i just can't imagine what it would have been like without the clonidine. life is now divided into two sections: before meds and after meds. meds are by no means a cure-all; they did, however, give him the ability to focus his attention between the fish tank (with nemo and dory fish) and one of those pathfinders (the beaded things) so i could fill out paperwork.

now it's time to decompress with leftover birthday cake and law and order.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want leftover cake.

Punkin's Oma said...

sorry, I hit enter before I clicked on my name

Holly's Mom said...

SO sorry he has to get tubes again.. I need to take Holly in for an xray and you can't make an appointment... I have been puting it off for 3 weeks because i can;t bear to wait all day at the hospitol and mess up her schedule. I am so glad to hear that the fish kept him entertained somewhat.

Holly's Mom said...

I gave you a Luvley Award. Stop by and check it out.

Goofy Gramma said...

Talked to your mom last night and she told me about your day. Grrr. You oughtta be able to charge THEM for your wait. Sorry you had such an uncalled for experience. Will keep David in my thoughts and prayers on Tuesday. He is such a cutie patootie!!

Landon Andrew said...

Three times, wow. That really does stink! So proud of him for waiting while you filled out paperwork. Man, I can so relate to that!

Kristiem10 said...

I want Clonodine here! Maybe we should go see Dr. B-K. I'd have some of that cake, too, after the day I had.

Sarah said...

Ugh! Poor Punkin and Poor You! I'm glad he was able to keep his cool for the long wait.