Monday, January 26, 2009

why is there no wine in this apartment?


The rules for this award are as follows...Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." List at least ten honest things about yourself.
1. The birthday decorations are still up. Last year, they stayed up for 9 months.
2. I didn't listen when he said "uh oh" after I put him to bed and therefore found myself cleaning up poop 10 minutes later. I found out when he ran out with some in his hand and plopped it rightfully into the toilet.
3. I now have this bookmarked so that I can go back and read it after a long day. I highly suggest looking up Britney Spears as well.
4. I have size 10 wide feet. This makes finding shoes difficult. So if you see me wearing ugly shoes, chances are I know they are ugly but they are better than my other option, which is usually along the lines of nurses shoes. This is also why I wear flip flops until the snow falls.
5. I really hate going to the Post Office, especially now that I moved and there's no automated postal center and the people in my neck of the woods tend to be a little stinkier than the people in my old neck of the woods. I know this is an unfair generalization, and yet I insist on making it. Because its true. And because I am bitter about losing the automated postal center.
6. I fear the phone. You can call me (usually), but I will most likely never call you. Unless your name is Oma, in which case I will call you every 5 minutes.
7. I got a D in statistics and an A in Virginia Woolf. A 31 on the verbal section of the ACT and a 17 on the math. This is my Fragile X talking -- not adding.
8. I wanted to turn around and break into the large motor room at the OTs office today to let Punkin play in the ball pit. For whatever reason he didn't get to play in there today and he was completely devestated. He handled it very well, but it was obvious he was disappointed.
9. I really wanted to throw away the present Punkin's dad sent today. Of course I didn't, because I am not mean -- but I wanted to. He made no mention of FORGETTING CHRISTMAS. Glad he could remember the day I spent pushing a baby the size of a small watermelon ..... never mind. (It was Lincoln Logs and a gift card, by the way. The logs are on a top shelf, as they would otherwise become weapons.)
10. I gave up a WIC appointment tomorrow to get my checks for the next three months so that I wouldn't have to miss my respite time. I am very selfish about my respite lately. I did reschedule for the 11th, though, so I'll let you know how that goes. Always a delight! The things we do for free milk and cheese. Oi. I once sat through a video informing me not to PRECHEW my son's food. Srsly.
I am not tagging anyone, unless Lion, D, and Boo want to participate.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Jeez Louise. Whose parents have to prechew their cheese?

PS: I had similar scores on math and verbal in ACTs.

PPS: Do you like my super-dooper rhymin' skillz?

Landon Andrew said...

I wear a size 10 shoe too! WOW! Landon wears an 11 wide. Unreal!