Tuesday, March 17, 2009

happy st. patrick's day, from a german/welsh lady

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I've been wanting to join the YMCA for a while, but the cost is a little higher now than it was 10 years ago when I was first a member. I thought about rejoining a cheaper gym across town, but it would be 40 minutes of driving time and I hate their child care. The Y is really close, so I figured I could leave Punkin at school for the after-school program or bring him with me and be home in 5 minutes. So, I found out a week or so ago that they offer financial aid to low-income families and applied. I signed up today for my membership for a whopping $23.50 and worked out for about 40 minutes. It even comes with 5 free hours with a personal trainer --I will be needing that to keep me going! The downside? Their child care doesn't seem that great, either. The woman giving me a tour (who had read my application that included Punkin's diagnosis) assured me that "he'd be fine!" in a (small, narrow) room with kids ranging from 6 weeks to 8 years. Riiigghhht. I don't know who I'd be more worried about in that situation, Punkin or the babies he'd be likely to tackle....

1 comment:

Jennie said...

POOP! After-school program it is, then.