Tuesday, March 24, 2009

personal space

Hi friends. Sorry for the lack of blogging. I've basically been chained to Punkin for the past three days. He will NOT STOP TOUCHING ME. WHAAA!!! But, the fever is gone and we will be returning to our regularly scheduled lives tomorrow. By the way, he snores really loudly when he's sick. Like a man. Or me, after a few beers.

My cousin is coping, but still very sick. Tubes and IVs and ICU sick. And I'm sure he hates it. I'm imagining Punkin, who can't even stand a bandaid on his arm, times 100.

I did get respite today, though, and I worked out at the Y. Hopefully I can keep this up; it makes me feel a lot better about myself. Night!

7 comments:

Holly's Mom said...

So sorry you have had a rough couple of days.. I know that can be so tough with a sick kid and they get so extra clingy. Glad you took a little break for yourself... is there a Date three in your future?

Kristiem10 said...

Hey! I am glad Punkin is on the road to recovery. And glad you got some respite.

sarah said...

glad he's feeling better! i keep thinking about your cousin, he is in my thoughts and prayers.

i like that you have a gym membership. between you, my mom and my sister all having them i'm feeling left out. i think now i'm going to have to join one too. :)

hugs to you!

Punkin's Oma said...

I must admit that I kind of like David when he's sick. I actually comes to me and lets me hold/bounce him.

But of course, I want him to be well and bouncing off the walls :)

Oma

Punkin's Oma said...

sorry, didn't proof my comment. HE actually comes to me, not I

SB said...

Glad your cousin is doing better....

Funny you mention Punkin's aversion to band-aids. My son, Jonatahn, HATED Band-aids as a kid. He would eat them. I remember once he flipped over in a rocker and smached his forehead on the fireplace and he needed stitches. I asked the doctor to just leave the stitches with no bandages. He keft putting gauze which Jonathan would promotly EAT...after 4-5 pieces of ingested gauze, the doctor said "ok..."

And can I just say that your video is the post before this one made me WEEP? That kiddo is so darn cute, it's painful. He reminds me of my son so much. Makes me think of the days when he was little. Man, I sound old....

Sarah said...

Sounds tough! I'm thinking about you and glad you got some respite.