Wednesday, April 8, 2009

there's a mouse in my house. i want to be all, "but it's probably cute like ratatouille." but it's not.

update: the crazy noise i was hearing that first made me call opa and sheepishly admit that, yes, i DID want him to come over and check it out, was not a mouse -- or a raging raccoon like i originally thought. it was actually my kitchen timer losing its battery power! but even opa -- the brave opa who searched inside my cabinets and went out to buy mousetraps -- admitted it sounded like a raccoon. and since he did find mouse droppings under the sink, we put a trap out. well, HE put a trap out. i hovered in the corner.

honestly, though, i'm not sure i ever cleaned under the sink when i moved in. so the evidence may be outdated. and that is what i am telling myself, because otherwise i will never be able to sleep.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that stinks. want me to come get him for ya? I have traps and every thing!
Lola

MuMommy said...

Hey, if you can sleep with the light on, no problem. Mice don't like lights!

Love, hugs, smiles and sunshine,
MuMommy (fruitorigami mom)

Jennie said...

My love for mice was reduced drastically once they made a mockery of my Hav-A-Hart traps. But they are pretty cute - just dangerous to have around.

Umma said...

At least Opa came to your rescue! I was once in an outhouse (yuck, camping) and I thought I was going to be eaten by a bear. I heard him growl! Turns out it was the spring on the door but it so could have been a bear and my dad didn't hear me screaming so I had to run for it (still screaming) and I've never lived it down for some reason...

Punkin's Oma said...

You didn't say that Opa was skittish because of your behavior. LOL

And I won't be back until you find the mouse or no more evidence of him. :)

Kristiem10 said...

lol, sorry, but I had to laugh about Opa being skittish because of your behavior. At least your mom's loyal to him. :) I hope you catch that bugger.

Punkin's Oma said...

There is no mouse, people! It was a timer with a battery going dead.

That is unless the mouse droppings are new--which they probably aren't. Right?