Saturday, May 2, 2009

weekend



We had a busy weekend. On Saturday morning we met our friends for a walk at a local zoo to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Reasearch Foundation. It was awesome to see so many families coming out to support some really strong young people. The girl I was walking for/with raised $1500! Punkin loved the giraffes and riding on the carousel (thanks, Miss K). He also REALLY liked the sugar cookies. =)

Later that day we met Oma for a trip to Lowes. I think this picture speaks for itself:


On Sunday we went to Oma and Opa's after church for some bonding time. He insisted I sit on the swing next to his, even though I told him I wouldn't fit!
Then he practiced his grilling skills. This bubble thing rocks. You dip the tool with "food" on it into the "marinade" (bubble solution) on the side and then "cook" it on the grill. There's a fan inside that makes lots of good bubbles as the food "heats up."
He is officially in love with Opa's truck. Well, I guess he always has been, but now he is bigger, louder, and harder to ignore. He talked Opa into taking him for a ride on Saturday. They went out in a more country area to see some horses, cows, and ducks. It was VERY exciting. Opa said that when he revved the engine, Punkin punched his arm in the air and said, "YES!"

He always gets me to climb into his castle with him, which is more difficult than it sounds! He really needs a smaller friend to play with.
It was a good weekend. I'm so glad it stopped raining for a few days so we could get some sunshine. AND we won our sand volleyball game on Friday. My good friend Bud Lite was even there to help me celebrate.

1 comment:

Kristiem10 said...

That sounds really nice!