Thursday, June 25, 2009

doh!

Sooo, Punkin really REALLY hates taking his liquid Zoloft. It tastes terrible, and my lame bribe of candy means nothing anymore. The other morning, I had to put the medicine on a piece of bread with jelly before he took it. We've been late every morning this week because we're wrestling each other over 1mL of liquid. And he's spilled so much of it that I had to refill it earlier than expected.

So I decided to do the obvious thing and have the next bottle flavored for a mere $3. When I got home, I read through the fine print I thought I had covered the first time around. However, I had missed something rather important. In my defense, although much of it was written in all caps, it was written in 5pt font three quarters of a way down the page: THIS MEDICINE MUST BE DILUTED BEFORE YOU TAKE IT. Mix the prescribed amount with 4 ounces of water, ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, lemonade, or orange juice. DO NOT MIX it with any other kind of liquid.

Oops.

And I had the medicine flavored grape, so I totally would have mixed it with soda since he can't have lemonade or orange juice. Hmmm. Guess it's grape water, coming up!

Also, I got a new phone, and I canNOT figure out how to use it. WOW.

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Oopsie! I've never heard of having to do that. The boys get their Prozac in capsule form, and it gets sprinkled into their milk every day.

Holly's Mom said...

You can still add it to soda, grape soda is yummy!