Sunday, August 9, 2009

dear ducky,


We've been through a lot together, friend, including the time I learned how to say the "ck" in your name instead of pronouncing it "Duddy."


I remember when Oma found you at that cute little shop in Brown County, Indiana. That was a good vacation, wasn't it? Especially the day mommy carried me around in the Snugli and I fell asleep and made her stomach sweat.


We were looking for a nice little blanket for me to sleep with since I had a tendency to wrap them around my head while I slept. (I was only 6 months old -- I didn't know any better). You were the perfect size and were yellow, just like mommy's blanket as a little girl.


We hit it off right away, didn't we? You were always the best traveling companion. And it was because of you that I learned to play Peek-A-Boo and say the word "mine." You were always there, like when I went to the hospital for a 104 degree fever, had tubes put in my ears, fell at school, or wanted to gnaw on your little beak.


I miss you, little guy. And if we can't find you, my mommy will miss me putting my hands up to my mouth and shouting, "DUCKY! Where go? Ducky?" I don't know where you are, but we're searching. If you're at the grocery store like mommy thinks you are, then wait for me by the donuts. I'll take chocolate.


Love,

Punkin

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Ohh, so sweet.

Goofy Gramma said...

very sweet indeed. i hope ducky turns up soon...

and happy belated birthday. sounds like you had an awesome day!!

Punkin's Oma said...

I am so sad. I remember when you lost your blankie and how bad I felt. It was something I wanted you to have forever. But you adjusted and now have a HUGE blanket that is not very portable.

Kristiem10 said...

I know it's not the same as a broke in ducky, but is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gund-Yellow-Dottie-Dots-Duck-Security-Blanket_W0QQitemZ120456406179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0bc2e4a3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Punkin's Oma said...

THAT'S IT, KRISTIE! Thanks.
Someone is bidding on it for Punkin. How awesome!