Saturday, September 12, 2009

i wear my sunglasses at night

only three relatively painless migraines today. wednesday was brutal with a total of five of them. and now i'm not only having headaches to go along with the intense pressure, but light (particularly sunlight) is extremely bothersome. i've been known to wear my sunglasses while watching television these days. i just hope it doesn't progress to the debilitating pain that many of you suffer from. ugh. i'm taking my topiramate (topamax), but apparently i'm supposed to take two pills at night and i've been taking one in the morning and one at night. regardless, my doc upped my dose.

the funny thing is that the doctors talked all about migraines at the fragile x conference, but i didn't really pay any attention because i wasn't having them and usually premutation carriers get them, not full mutation people. i guess i need to remember that while most of my health issues (depression, anxiety, acid reflux) are related to fxs, some of them are just incidental.

in completely different news, i saw the tail of a deer running through the nature trail by our apartment complex while punkin and i were out on our little evening stroll. i feel immensly blessed that friends and family have made it possible for us to live in a nicer, bigger apartment with space to run around and see deer scampering about.

3 comments:

FXSmom said...

glad i'm not the only migraine sufferer that thinks of that song in the midst of an attack...lol.

fragilemom said...

Doesn't sound like much fun...and still having to take care of the little one! Hope the meds work for you.

becky @ misspriss said...

Oh, I remember being on Topamax for my migraines. I feel for you. Hope it helps break the cycle.