Thursday, October 1, 2009

oh noes!

First, on Saturday I woke up with a drippy nose and one of those headaches. You know, a cold headache? Where your brain feels like it's swimming inside your skull if it's not completely upright? But it wasn't a migraine headache. And I haven't had a migraine since. So that's SIX days. At first I was skeptical; I thought maybe the discomfort in my chest and sinus cavities and the swimming feeling were just distracting me. And it's possible I've had a few minor episodes of increased pressure on my right side. But for all intensive purposes, I have been migraine free for nearly a week. After having a migraine every day since April 17th (and pain for 6 of those weeks), I'd say six days is pretty sweet.
Second, the cold turned (rather quickly) into bronchitis. And despite my hacking cough, I totally rallied for my Cubbies on Wednesday. Oma, Punkin, and I drove to Chicago to meet my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents in a skybox suite ('cause we're awesome like that) for a little family reunion. There was an inside area with tables and an outside area with seats. And food. Lots of food. Punkin ate the grapes and the "dot dogs."

The biggest surprise? Punkin wore his Cubs hat The. ENTIRE. Day. The least surprising incident? He threw two items over the balcony. The first being, of course, his hat -- which I fetched -- and the second being, wait for it, the OTHER toy boat we own(ed). "Oh NO! BOAT OH NO! MY BOAT! DA BOAT! NO NO! I FROWED IT!" I let it go. My guess was it didn't survive the landing.

The dessert cart had little plastic hats for ice cream bowls, but Punkin, being the literal little man he his, tried to wear it as a hat. He even tried to make Bus wear it.

Oh, ya. Third, Oma brought me Pizza tonight. Thanks, Oma. And thanks Uncle M and Aunt K for the awesome time!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to love those little plastic ice cream hat bowls when I was a kid. I hope your bronchitis heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

you are very welcome. We were so glad you were able to join us! I hope you feel better soon. Love you!