Sunday, November 1, 2009

this is what people don't tell you about having babies

In the past 4 and 1/2 years, my bladder control has declined markedly from my pre-mommy days. In the past 5 weeks, I have nearly peed my pants every day from coughing, even when I don't know I have to go, you know? And then the chiropractor tells me to bend my knees when I cough to protect my back. You know what this creates? A very real potential for a waterfall, that's what. That lady who birthed 18 babies HAS to be wearing a diaper.

You know what else I've learned? I really should have started labeling my posts back when I started this blog. I have 544 posts with no tags. Makes it a teensy bit tricky for anyone, including me, to find anything. I've spent much of today tagging my posts and will continue to do so until they're all labeled. That way the Google search tool and the BlogHer search tool along the left-hand side will be more useful if, say, you want to know about our experiences with ritalin or night terrors.

Can't say I'm really sure how to label this post, though, other than "photos." Maybe, "literal" or "hasn't learned size awareness" or "practicing to be an extra in Honey I Shrunk the Kids IV: Living in the Little People House."


We talked about it. I showed him that Mickey was really better suited for the job, and he finally relented.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about the near peeing! I'm sure everyone in the universe has mentioned this already, but, um, have you tried kegels? And yay for labels! : )

Holly's Mom said...

I am so there with you, I understand the peeing thing, I hate having a cold, or when my ashma acts up its the worst!

How about a label of: Medical, Motherhood, Philosophical? Its hard to know how to tag things.

Kristiem10 said...

I know what you mean about bladder control. And the pic of him trying to sit in the tiny chair is adorable.

Jennie said...

Ohmigoshhe'ssoTALL!!!!

Karen said...

kegels work, take it from me, a mom of three.