Wednesday, February 17, 2010

taking a deep breath

Punkin is five. There, I said it. He's five and he's going to kindergarten in August and I can't control what happens next. I can't be in the room next door anymore. I can't work the morning program with him every day anymore. I can't say that we have the exact same schedule any longer.

I AM FREAKING OUT.

Every time someone mentions kindergarten, I just shake my head. Where do I want him to go? What do I want his program to look like? What accomodations do I want to make sure are in place?

I CAN'T THINK ABOUT IT.

Once again I am trying to control something that I can't and shouldn't try to change or manipulate. God has a plan. I am giving it to God.

Hasn't failed me yet. =)

7 comments:

Jennie said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Umma said...

Kindergarten is rather terrifying for any parent but wowser it's so much harder for us! I wish I could say something comforting but you know my story :-) Good luck! I'm sure it will be just fine

Kristiem10 said...

I felt exactly as you do when we were at this point with our kids. (Drew, especially) God does have a plan for Punkin.

Karen said...

when the time comes, you'll be ready.

fragilemom said...

I felt the exact same way, and will again with each one. You'd think I'd be okay after one goes through, but they're so different with their FX that it doesn't relax me. I have to say though, as our first to go, Ian has done so well. I started panicking again at the thought of life after kindergarten, but then we got the news that he gets another year of kindergarten. Hard to believe they have to keep getting older.

Bonnie said...

My twins just turned 5 last week and you're singing to the choir, my friend. I'm a basket case about kindergarten. Wish they could stay in their terrific special ed. preschool their entire lives. I'm planning on being there a lot, the teachers, aides, and principal will know me well.

Sarah said...

I'm already nervous about Kindergarten, too, and Quinn's still got a year and several months to go! I hope he gets a great teacher and program.