Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the silent treatment

This past weekend, I was lifting Punkin into his carseat and he suddenly made a noise and said, "You hurta me!"

"I'm sorry, Punkin. What happened?"

"You hurta me!"

"Where's the owie?"

"Owie. You hurta me!" A single tear trickled down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry," As I went in to give him a hug, he pushed me away.

"No! Go way now! Hurta me! Shutta da door."

"Punkin," I stroked his face, "I didn't mean to hurt you. I will be gentle. Can I hold you?"

With tears in his eyes he flatly stated, "Sitta up der!" and pointed to the drivers seat.

He refused to speak to me the entire four minute drive to Oma and Opa's house, and when Oma asked him he reiterated, "Hurta me!" but I still have no clue how this tragic injury was inflicted.

Gotta be proud of those speech skills, though.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Ohhhhh. Brokenhearted. It must be TERRIBLE to be told off by your baby and not be able to soothe him! But I do love his verbal skills.

Laura said...

He is communicating so well! Poor guy--I wonder what happened.

SB said...

I love it! He'll be independent and won't let anyone step on him....

Anonymous said...

ok- that is so cool- not that punkin got hurt- but that he was so clearly angry and hurt that you had somehow caused this and he could verbalize this so well!! He is using so many more clear and long sentences at school also- VERY COOL!! -Pam :)

fragilemom said...

Ahh, gotta break your heart not to know how to help. Lots of kisses usually helps. USUALLY, I say. You got the boot it looks like! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed he could vebalize that well...if only Robert could have when he had gallstones. Maybe he'll be able to communicate what hurt him at a later day.
Poor guy.

Paula said...

Cute story and great for him to tell you something was bothering him!

Sarah said...

Bummer that Punkin got hurt, but how excellent he could express himself so well!

1025 said...

這麼優的部落格一定要持續下去! ..................................................