Saturday, February 6, 2010

insurance is worth gold, insurance companies....

So lately I have had a significant amount of pain in my hips, low back, and right leg, so I broke down and went back to the chiropractor that my neurologist referred me to even though he isn't in my insurance network. I figured I would just deal with the payments as they came -- especially since I am getting my tax refund soon.


So I went to see him twice and I feel a lot better. And then on Wednesday I finally got a benefits booklet SEVEN MONTHS after our insurance changed. So I looked up chiropractic care and it "will be covered both in and out of network at 80% as long as charges are reasonable." They also cover accupuncture. (I know --I don't make much money but my insurance is worth gold, people. GOLD.)


So the two people I spoke to on the phone three months ago -- the people that have kept me in pain for three months -- had NO IDEA what they were talking about.


Seeing my new chiro will cost all of $8.12

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE DO THEIR JOBS? I know it's a lot of paperwork. I know there are several plans among the people I work for, but SERIOUSLY.

Speaking of feeling better, have you seen THESE? (Found via The Fug Girls.)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Ohhhh, gurrrrrlllll.... That's terrible!! Glad you got it figured out tho. I obvs feel your pain on the insurance company thing. I am planning to call you when the game starts!

Sarah said...

Don't even get me started on insurance companies. Did you know that Quinn's Fragile X blood test (which was positive of course) was not "medically necessary"??? Anyway, I'm glad your chiropractor visits will be so reasonably priced and I hope the pains go away soon!

the other lion said...

@Sarah -- Okay, THAT takes the cake. It's not medically necessary to know whether or not my son has a life-long developmental disability. Genetic, nonetheless, that could affect my FUTURE family planning....

Karen said...

glad to hear a positive insurance story for a change. Yay for you!

fragilemom said...

Yep, can't stand it when people get lazy and don't thoroughly do their jobs. Makes me wanna scream. Glad yours worked out.

As for the 'not medically necessary' from Sarah....that's ridiculous! So sorry you had to deal with that one!