Monday, April 12, 2010

a brief recap, in pictures

On Thursday Punkin's fever miraculously broke and I felt confident that all he needed was a good night's sleep and he would return to normal. Oma and Opa bought him a little airplane from the gift shop; he insisted on one that looked like a real plane.


When I asked him where he wanted to sit, he said "I fly!" Once settled, he demanded, "Help please, da seat a belt" and said, "BLAST OFF!" It was a late night, though, and when we pulled up in front of my aunt and uncle's house instead of our place, he was PISSED OFF.

The next morning the 102 degree nightmare returned. Big huge parenting FAIL. Oma offered to stay back with him so that my sister, Opa, and I could go down to Pikes Street Market, home of all things fresh and beautiful.



And, apparently, the home of MYSTERY BOXES. Do you think they give you topiaries and golden chickens just like the ones in FarmVille?

I insisted on the largest, most sprinkled ice cream cone available. This one's for Kathy G. Not sure if that's Edward or Jacob. Then, you know, there was the whole wedding thing --the reason we traveled in the first place. My cousin was gorgeous and we had a lot of fun.
Sunday morning I woke up at 5:30am and ran for the bathroom. His fever broke in the middle of the night but quickly returned for part of the day. It was awesome; Punkin wanted me and only me and I threw up in a trash can near check-in at the airport. Then when we finally boarded our second plane of the day at 7pm, he asked to watch a movie. No problem! Except ... the DVD player IS GONE. I forgot it at the gate. He cried for both of us.

4 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

I hope you are all feeling better now. I am sorry about the DVD player.

Gettysburg Mom said...

The second picture of him is gorgeous- the way the light is shining through the window is fantastic.

And I love the heaps of tulips! It screams spring.

I'm sorry you were both ill while traveling. And is there anything better than an audience of children while vomiting? I think not.

fragilemom said...

So sorry about the sicknesses! How did he doing flying? Ian was a pill the last time we flew, and Jim swore never again to fly. Hope that attitude doesn't last long. :) Love, love, love the tulips!!!!!!! I'd be screaming for the icecream too! Thanks for sharing the pics!

fragilemom said...

P.S. We lost a DVD player as well while flying. Amongst all the chaos of trying to get the kids off the plane (I think we had 3 by then), we left it on the plane. Ugh!